It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 40 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 32

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:40 pm 

Ah yap. knives are now clarified :P

I'm pretty sure interiors of any description will not be compatible. Except something like a hanger or something. Not very useful.

ComJak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:56 am 

theres always one way to have interior, the WHOLE map. just one floor and probably no roof, which means it cant be called interior anymore if theres no roof.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:54 pm 

I'm all in for the MG truck/Humvee bit. Although in my opinion, I think it would be work well if the truck was kinda jeepish looking with the MG being in a somewhat open position (much like the Tank MG). Would be a good 3 seater. But then again the Humvee could be a 5 seater with MG entry on the tail-end, and seeing as how the Humvee (as I see it) is closed up, it would be a good reinforcement vehicle.

Either way seems cool, I think the only thing I would be worried about would be a speeding 80 Mph Jeep/Humvee with a MG, tearing through countless Runners. Then again, that could be a advantage, im still on the line about which is what and how, so we'll see!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:35 pm 
Site Admin

Rinn wrote:
I'm all in for the MG truck/Humvee bit. Although in my opinion, I think it would be work well if the truck was kinda jeepish looking with the MG being in a somewhat open position (much like the Tank MG). Would be a good 3 seater. But then again the Humvee could be a 5 seater with MG entry on the tail-end, and seeing as how the Humvee (as I see it) is closed up, it would be a good reinforcement vehicle.

Either way seems cool, I think the only thing I would be worried about would be a speeding 80 Mph Jeep/Humvee with a MG, tearing through countless Runners. Then again, that could be a advantage, im still on the line about which is what and how, so we'll see!

Yea, I'm also primarily seeing what is basically a pickup, with a bit of more protection than the open jeep we have, a bit slower, with the MG at the back, 3 seats - I believe that matches what you just said. This would make a great addition between the racer jeep we have (not hugely useful in combat because of how exposed the soldiers are, can take out a few lonewolfs sure, but mostly there to get from place A to B, or, mobile cover) and APC.

Similarly, Humvee could be great, a step up from the pickup, and almost on par with APC, just with MG. I actually wouldn't mind seeing both of them getting added, especially as we have a bit more room for vehicle variety now that faction specific resources are supported.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:39 am 

pasik wrote:
Yea, I'm also primarily seeing what is basically a pickup, with a bit of more protection than the open jeep we have, a bit slower, with the MG at the back, 3 seats

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_(vehicle) to put it in technical terms. :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:57 am 

DoomMetal wrote:
pasik wrote:
Yea, I'm also primarily seeing what is basically a pickup, with a bit of more protection than the open jeep we have, a bit slower, with the MG at the back, 3 seats

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_(vehicle) to put it in technical terms. :P

Forgot completely about that one but it looks like the idea got across, thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:28 pm 

For the ammo topic:

Why not make it like how Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (PS2/XBOX) did it?

You would start off with, say, 30/120 and then, after spending all of those rounds, you wait a bit and then the ammo replenishes completely, AND running over the same weapon would give you a mag.

That would be a 'Semi-limited ammunition system.'

But, that's my 0.02$

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:52 am 

Or to retrieve ammunition on corpses (on the bodies of soldiers who had evidently the same weapon).

EDIT: What I want for now it's helicopter transport! As chinook: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 82_arp.jpg :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:24 pm 

Quote:
Mac port
* I'm dreaming of owning an Apple product which I only use to compile and test RWR

erm, why dont you jsut do a playable version and ask someone with mac to test it, or crownfund yourself a mac XD (sounds terrible and not good idea as the finland has the problems with those crownfunding thingys)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:54 pm 
Site Admin

joneau wrote:
Quote:
Mac port
* I'm dreaming of owning an Apple product which I only use to compile and test RWR

erm, why dont you jsut do a playable version and ask someone with mac to test it, or crownfund yourself a mac XD (sounds terrible and not good idea as the finland has the problems with those crownfunding thingys)

The problem is doing the playable version for mac, I just need a mac to make that happen. That's the irony, I need a mac to execute one command - ok, ok, that's a bit of exaggeration, of course there's going to be a few issues with something.

Giving the source code of RWR to someone else to compile it on a mac would require someone I trust completely, and for it to be of any use, the fellow should be able to debug the launch issues and everything else that comes with it.