It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:34 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 43 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 84

All times are UTC

Post subject: Binoculars.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:25 am 

*Placed in grenade slot or perhaps in 2ndary slot if restriction need to be placed on equipping. Found in drops and in Cargo crates (prefer being persistent load out feature when equipped, like primary weapon once found)

*Gives double length to line of sight or more. (tested of course) Long enough to be very useful, but restricted enough to not just run with long vision all the time. Plus giving up the slot it's placed in so no grenades or shield, either/or. NOT PRIMARY SLOT. And also adds reasonable need for backpack to carry grenades, or rocket, or binocs.

*Allows for a chance to survey the field and truly plan your approach when stealth or on a large front.
Look for those trenches and hills! Try to find a depression to hid in out there. Locate your target of opportunity across the battle. Search for rocks or a place to go to, beyond just the limit of your guns maximum range. Do real recon on your side missions and for those stealth flanking maneuvers. It would be nice to not be quite so blind.

***Allow us to implement even more far reaching tactics and strategies while traversing the field!***
Please?

Post subject: Re: Binoculars.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:36 am 

There are some limitations in game. Active and inactive sectors. So even if you have a good zoom you can’t see anybody. Sniper rifle has 1.6x zoom.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:40 am 

Then perhaps 1.6x zoom for Binocs? All the ability to look for something with out the restriction of having to carry the sniper rifle, yet lacking the ability to shoot with it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:45 am 

160% of the line of sight distance of a regular weapon is what you achieve with the sniper and this is prettye much the maximum view distance you can have without being able to see in a simulated block (as you may not know yet, your soldier is in a block which is active, everything is rendered. In the other blocks everything is simulated, so that if you would be able to see a lot farer you'd suddenly see the soldiers entering the active block, which would look weird. For the vehicles you would see them warping around every second or something.
So ya, we have a physical restriction there.
There will be different slots at some point (melee, vestment and maybe headgear). So that you could add instead of an helmet, googles. This could affect the sightrange of a normal soldier but not the sniper. Even if it's only 10%, that's better than nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:34 pm 

Yeah I figured there is some restrictions to what this game is actually rendering. I understand it's not actually running every section constantly rendered. Nor am I suggesting anything over the top in line of sight (yet I understand also that maybe if too short it could be useless) simply that my first suggestion of 2x was based on not knowing what the actual render distance was. But I do think the same distance as sniper scope or maximum possible within actual render restrictions view would be worth while. But also sleeping on it I do realize that since it would be so short you don't really need to see the top of the next ridge just out of sight because you could move up a little. Just the idea of being able to scope out the next intended cover point or terrain features seems nice (but I know that really once you know the map it's not needed for this at all.) However, maybe binoculars could be used in conjunction with future "calls" to be implemented. Allowing someone to see a little farther without packing sniper rifle and the chance to put there "calls" a little further out which in some heavy battles would really be nice. That being the trade off with maybe not having grenades equipped. Also perhaps a way to help counter future sniper nests. And also for the purpose that when you are sneaking in somewhere with short range weapon, it seems reasonable to be able to view a little farther with binocs for recon purposes. To know things like just how many AI are in that little spawn zone, or locations of those out of range.
But again, I don't mean to suggest seeing way to far or beyond the render distance. Also I am a player who deeply enjoys in-depth cross coordination during co-op play (against AI and/or players). I would gladly give up personal inventory slot to equip something to aid in my teams success like calling in strikes at maximum range. (Long as it isn't just not a non-equipment based perk.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:50 pm 

JackMayol wrote:
(as you may not know yet, your soldier is in a block which is active, everything is rendered.

Everything is MEEE!

I'm going to put that quote in my signature now.

Proud to be a RwR forum moderator!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:27 pm 

:D