RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 47 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 66

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:32 pm 

Blink wrote:
Waldo wrote:
OzyThesage wrote:
Maybe at night you could get flashlights and spotlights or something, then? The pros and cons would be pretty self explanatory so I'm not going to get into that.

Yeah, make it darker at night, so you need the light to really see people, that way stealth ops are a bit easier, and full fledged combat at night would be easier.

But for flashlights to be effective, the character behavior would have to change in regards to what direction they look in. Right now, they face towards the direction they're running. For a flashlight to be effective, the character would have to face towards where the mouse is facing.

But you face in the direction of the mouse when you're walking. Running could put the flashlight in front of the character for obstacles or walking into an ambush or cover or something, but to look around with the light you have to walk, (It's already set up this way for shooting, if you notice, while shooting or reloading, your character walks.)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:33 pm 

I think your character pointing where the cursor is when walking and such should be a given. While running you don't have as much control over where it's pointing since you're... running. Flashlights are either mounted on a tactical vest for hand-free illumination or on their weapon so they don't have to hold the flashlight separate from their weapon. If you're running your chest will be rotating, so a vest mounted light would sway all over the place, and your arms are pumping even with a gun, so your gun will be pointing in a bunch of different directions. Walking or standing still would be the best way to use a flashlight, and coincidentally the best way to shoot a rifle.

Of course there's also night vision goggles, night vision optics, and infared optics...

Oh, and flares. Flares would be pretty sweet, and artillery and mortar illumination rounds would be even better.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:07 am 

OzyThesage wrote:
I think your character pointing where the cursor is when walking and such should be a given. While running you don't have as much control over where it's pointing since you're... running. Flashlights are either mounted on a tactical vest for hand-free illumination or on their weapon so they don't have to hold the flashlight separate from their weapon. If you're running your chest will be rotating, so a vest mounted light would sway all over the place, and your arms are pumping even with a gun, so your gun will be pointing in a bunch of different directions. Walking or standing still would be the best way to use a flashlight, and coincidentally the best way to shoot a rifle.

Of course there's also night vision goggles, night vision optics, and infared optics...

Oh, and flares. Flares would be pretty sweet, and artillery and mortar illumination rounds would be even better.

All right, I can see what you and Waldo are talking about. Only able to control the direction of the flashlight when you're walking and straight ahead when you're running.

I like the idea of flares, but they're mostly used for signaling (although they can still be used for illumination), and since you can't look into the distance they'd have to show up on the minimap or something else.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:14 am 

I agree you need to sort of be able to peek out of cover and fire without exposing your entire body.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:08 pm 

Blink wrote:
I like the idea of flares, but they're mostly used for signaling (although they can still be used for illumination), and since you can't look into the distance they'd have to show up on the minimap or something else.

Actually, using the flares for signaling could be cool.

Fire it off, and a marker shows up on the map for, I dunno, five seconds, for both teams.

You only get one flare, but you can reload it at the grenade box.

This would be great for sending a message to your team "help, anyone who can, come and help me!" but would let the other team in the area know exactly where you are, and light up the night, and that it's going down where you are.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:46 pm 

Yeah, a key to automatically take cover when you're near some object that can be used as cover would be pretty neat.