It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:05 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 35 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 71

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:33 am 

IDEA ONE

Ok this suggestion is mostly for modding as in vanilla game it wouldn't have much effect. But there should be two types of explosives for games high explosives and low explosives. Now this doesn't mean damage dealt by the explosives this means for things like high explosive or low explosive immune vehicles.

example high explosives would be c4, tank cannons, mortars, TOW's and RPG's.
low explosives would be claymore, grenades, APC cannons, and patrol boat cannons.

with this distinction a vehicle like the patrol boat and tank would be immune to low explosives or take reduced damage (example a patrol boat would b e immune to explosives while a tank would take 0.5x damage or 50%).

As stated out side of the patrol boat, and tank (And maybe something else) this would have little use it vanilla.

In modding how ever, it can allow for things like a player making a vehicle immune to high explosives but that takes heavy damage from low end ones, or making a vest which allows the player to survive grenades with out flinching.

IDEA TWO

this I would suggest adding satchel charges to the weapon list, these would be half as powerful as c4 with a smaller explosive radius but would be 1/4th the cost.

satchel charges would be a dual detonation mode weapon, with a remote detonation and a proximity detonation mode, remote is default but a player can swap it to proximity by pressing [windows] + [reload]. in proximity mode the satchel charge will detonate if any enemy unit comes near.

for this to work though the AI needs to be able to detect and acknowledge explosives like c4 and mines (aka mine AI needs placed.)

for this I would suggest adding mine sweeper AI's which have a special secondary weapon that allows disabling of ALL remote explosives, if they get close with it. (just a old metal detector with some sort of jammer or something)

Though this would be hard to do and unlikely but it would be fun to see a stealth run ruined cause an AI with a mine sweeper decided to sweep the area around the radio tower.

this would also allow for mines to become a thing, making minefields and maybe even AI placed AT mines a real hazard in the later campaign and through out quick matches.