It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:32 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 78

All times are UTC

Post subject: Limited ammo mode ideas
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:16 am 

Ok not sure if a limited ammo mode is still planned but I think that it would be a good concept for hardcore mode players. as you can't realistically put one death games in this game.

So here are my ideas for limited ammo mode

first off add a backpack slot for all game modes, with this also limit people from going over 100% carry weight with out a pack.

Here are ideas for packs

light back pack
looks: team colored
limit: +50 carry weight
ammo: +2 mags/clips/loads (two reloads), +1 LMG mag, +0 micro gun, flasher, and standard MGL reloads.
RP cost: 5 RP respawn

Heavy backpack
looks: team colored
limit: +100 carry weight
ammo: +6 mags (most standard) +2 LMG mags, +1 microgun, flasher, and MGL reload
RP cost: 20 no respawn

AMMO PACK
looks:
limit: +0 carry weight
AMMO: +30 mags, +20 LMG mags, +10 migrogun, flasher and MGL reloads
RP cost: 200 rare no respawn

Note the backpacks would give a ammo boosts on top of standard ammo, and with out them a player can not carry more then 100% max weight. with them the standard backpack inaccuracy is active over 100% carry weight.

Now for the ammo part.
for this to work, there would need to be ammo crates and resupply vehicles and items that the PLAYER AND AI uses.

first off all players and AI would be limited to 4 mags/reloads of their main weapon, and 8 mags for any side arm pistol. Though backpacks and reload points will not reload the pistol a player would need to use an armory for that.

To reload their ammo supply the player will need to use (space) a ammo crate, by default these would use modified versions of the grenade crate textures, and all AI will go to them when out, a long with this, the armories and stashes would resupply ammo as well as player placed ammo points and a special supply vehicle.

PLAYER/ AI placed ammo crates
image:
info: reloads ammo to all that use it, has infinite uses but be warned when destroyed it will explode.

AMMO SUPPLY TRUCK
info: this would be a low health objective truck filled with ammo crates, unlike player and map placed supplies which have to be used, this will passively resupply all soldiers in an area, but be warned if it is destroyed you spawn with out spare mags, and must use a supply point to get your spare mags. But rejoice it does have a standard LMG of the faction on it, and can defend its self with about 1.6 (160) health.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:59 pm 

I like your concept, but I think, what 4 mags for primary weapon it's too little. Because of this:
http://img.allzip.org/g/151/orig/1634239.jpg
As you can see, soldier in this vest can carry at least 10 magasines. So, my suggestion is increase basic mags quantity up to 8-10 for assault rifle, 4-5 for sniper rifle, and 2 for machineguns. And also, no more than 3-4 magasines for sidearm, because this is sidearm, not primary weapon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:21 am 

I personally don't think we should have limited ammunition.

I think a major part of why this game is fun-and not frustrating- is you don't have to worry about your ammo.

I do think though that supply trucks and player summoned supply drops need to be a thing. I think calling for medical gear, explosives on demand, etc can have the same effect without adding munition counts. It also keeps the game simpler for newer players who can just focus on the objectives and stuff instead of where the ammo truck is.

Maybe instead of having ammo count, special ammo trucks will make reloading 15% faster for anyone nearby? or 15% extra bullets per magazine?

My ideas aside, i vote for keeping unlimited ammo, while also adding ways players can support each other

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:12 am 

i think unlimited ammunitions is good for this game, but maybe also minigun, mg, turrets ecc should have the reloading.

Carbide 500R White Edition | P5QL-PRO P43/ICH10 | Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3.73 Ghz | CNPS 9900 MAX Blue | XMS2 DHX 4x2 Gb @ 826 Mhz | GeForce GTX 750 TI @ 1420 Mhz 2 Gb GDDR5 @ 6300 Mhz | GameSurround Muse 5.1 | Caviar Black 2 Tb 7200 RPM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:03 am 

nicolò wrote:
i think unlimited ammunitions is good for this game, but maybe also minigun, mg, turrets ecc should have the reloading.

there is no option to reload vehicle mounted weapons, unfortunately. And a deployable MG/minigun is a "vehicle"

As for limited ammo, this won't happen, at least not in vanilla. RWR is fast action shooter, you don't want to go fishing or hunting animals for food, neither of any other resource management stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:18 pm 

JackMayol wrote:
nicolò wrote:

there is no option to reload vehicle mounted weapons, unfortunately. And a deployable MG/minigun is a "vehicle"

As for limited ammo, this won't happen, at least not in vanilla. RWR is fast action shooter, you don't want to go fishing or hunting animals for food, neither of any other resource management stuff.

Agreed!

Have you considered additional types of supply drops, though? I still maintain that's a good idea.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:46 pm 

Parrotfella wrote:
Have you considered additional types of supply drops, though? I still maintain that's a good idea.

Not entirely against it at least. I think they is space for a last radio call.