It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:12 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 38 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 52

All times are UTC

Post subject: Game freezes and beeps
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:48 pm 

So, I haven't played really in a while, and I saw this, and came back, and it's amazing to see all the progress you've made, it's really becoming a beautiful game.

However, every now then, a couple minutes into a game, it'll start freezing up for a fraction of a second and beeping whenever I press a key.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:20 pm 

Just a swing at it but sticky keys?

ComJak

*and welcome back**

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:14 pm 

Nope, it starts from the WASD, is a different set of beeps, and, after just now mashing my control key, it doesn't seem to be coming up at all.

Edit: Now I'm looking at it from this light though, it does have some similarities to sticky keys, it doesn't do it when I'm holding the control key is the biggest similarity. But I've looked, and sticky keys is definitely turned off.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:40 am 
Site Admin

waldoescobar wrote:
Nope, it starts from the WASD, is a different set of beeps, and, after just now mashing my control key, it doesn't seem to be coming up at all.

Edit: Now I'm looking at it from this light though, it does have some similarities to sticky keys, it doesn't do it when I'm holding the control key is the biggest similarity. But I've looked, and sticky keys is definitely turned off.

Did you find any new ideas about this? The control handling hasn't changed much from the early days.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:56 am 

Hmmm. I did a quick search on beeping keyboards and all I got was sticky keys and something called filter keys.

Try to see if filter keys are on.

Also, I believe shift is also linked to sticky keys as well?

ComJak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:33 am 

filter keys is off, I made sure of that with sticky keys.

It happens after a while, only seems to happen when I am not pressing control, doesn't happen very consistently, and only happens with RWR that I know of.

I will clarify also, the freezing isn't a normal freezing, it's kind of similar to a lag, but I don't think it's quite that because I'm not playing online, and that doesn't explain the beeping, where the video just kind of stops for a second, I did notice that the motion continues (IE: If I were pressing W, I would still move forward the appropriate amount). I'm thinking maybe its something about queuing up moves or something, as if the game is figuring out what exactly I want it to do, and its just taking a while. I don't remember it from very early versions of the game, but I think I remember seeing it when I played a bit a couple of mods back.

The freezes and beeps seem to be connected, and it appears to be coming from the game.

And actually, I think I'll see if my video driver is up to date...