It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 52

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:11 pm 

I personally love to play this game in quick matches as much as possible, but I do find it rather annoying that for every new match that I make on a certain map, I would have to start from somewhere else. I'm basically trying to find a way to set a predefined starting point on any base that I choose and keep it constant. I've made my own attempts at it, but to no avail. If anyone has any idea what I'm trying to do, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

Here's one way as an example for Keepsake Bay.

Launch the game, load Keepsake Bay in quickmatch with two factions. After loading, in Start new game menu, select Advanced preset and click on Open match settings folder. Create a file called map2.xml there with e.g. notepad with the following contents:
Code:
<commands>
  <command
    class="start_game"
    vehicles="1"
    max_soldiers="100"
    player_ai_compensation="0"
    xp_multiplier="1.0"
    rp_multiplier="1.0"
    initial_rp="500"
    initial_xp="0.5"
    friendly_fire="0"
    base_capture_system="any">

<faction ai_accuracy="0.95">
      <base key="shop lane" />
    </faction>

<faction ai_accuracy="0.95" />
  </command>
</commands>

Then go back to game, type map2.xml for Match settings filename and hit Start.

Base keys are most of the time base names you see in the map view, but there can be exceptions. You can basically open up the relevant map file, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RunningWithRifles\media\packages\vanilla\maps\map2\objects.svg in Inkscape or some text editor and try to locate the base you have trouble starting from. With a text editor, if you'd search for bases layer, you'd see various rects with name and a key field there.

Here's some more parameters that can be supplied in start_game command https://runningwithrifles.gamepedia.com ... start_game

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:29 am 

pasik wrote:
Here's one way as an example for Keepsake Bay.

Launch the game, load Keepsake Bay in quickmatch with two factions. After loading, in Start new game menu, select Advanced preset and click on Open match settings folder. Create a file called map2.xml there with e.g. notepad with the following contents:
Code:
<commands>
  <command
    class="start_game"
    vehicles="1"
    max_soldiers="100"
    player_ai_compensation="0"
    xp_multiplier="1.0"
    rp_multiplier="1.0"
    initial_rp="500"
    initial_xp="0.5"
    friendly_fire="0"
    base_capture_system="any">

<faction ai_accuracy="0.95">
      <base key="shop lane" />
    </faction>

<faction ai_accuracy="0.95" />
  </command>
</commands>

Then go back to game, type map2.xml for Match settings filename and hit Start.

Base keys are most of the time base names you see in the map view, but there can be exceptions. You can basically open up the relevant map file, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RunningWithRifles\media\packages\vanilla\maps\map2\objects.svg in Inkscape or some text editor and try to locate the base you have trouble starting from. With a text editor, if you'd search for bases layer, you'd see various rects with name and a key field there.

Here's some more parameters that can be supplied in start_game command https://runningwithrifles.gamepedia.com ... start_game

I am much obliged. I knew about the metagame parameters already, but since no one updates the actual webpage I could only get so much from it, especially since this code in particular wasn't present: <base key="base name" />. This will really do the trick. Thanks again!