It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 38 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 38

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:35 pm 

Hello,

I just bought the game today and wanted to start playing, but after about 2 minutes of looking at settings and running around the playground while skyping with a friend, the game just crashed and windows told me that rwr.exe stopped working. I already tried reinstalling the game and rebooting the computer, but without success. I looked in the appdata folder and the game log (no crash dump file has been created), but there was no entry from the time of the crash. I tried playing a few time already and its always the same, last time i made sure to get the exact time of the crash to compare with the game log.

My PC has an i5-4590, a gtx 750ti and 8gb of memory, so that shouldnt be the issue. I have windows 10, which i installed on an empty and formated ssd about a month ago.

Hope you guys can help me!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:25 am 
Site Admin

A similar case happened just recently where it was found that downloading, unpacking and (re)installing DirectX 9.0c from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=8109 should help.

If it doesn't help, you could try adding opengl as a launch parameter for RWR in Steam, this way https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -JWMT-2947, just opengl, no + or - or anything in front.

Let me know if those help, and if you have to use the opengl parameter or if DirectX 9.0c install is enough for you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:38 pm 

I tried both and it still crashes a short time after launch. I didnt uninstall anything before installing DirectX 9 though. Is that the way to do it, or are you supppsed to uninstall something before starting the dxsetup.exe?

Also in my gamelog there now are entries saying something like:
"Can't assign material _missing_material_ to SubEntity of Ogre/MO657 because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?"
Does that give you any clue?

Thank you so far!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:43 am 
Site Admin

No need to uninstall anything, sounds like you did it the right way.

The missing material entries in the log are ok and expected.

Can you send the log to support@osumiagames.com? Maybe I can spot something out of ordinary. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:35 pm 

Okay, i send you an email.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:46 am 
Site Admin

For future reference, we've pinpointed the issue to something happening between Bitdefender (antivirus / security software) and RWR; disabling Bitdefender or possibly whitelisting RWR in it keeps the game stable.

After the "rwr_game.exe stopped working" crash, in Windows Event viewer there's a log entry in Event viewer (Local) / Windows Logs / Application, where rwr_game.exe is mentioned together with ntdll.dll. This https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index. ... c=112547.0 was found which implies Bitdefender may have similar issues with other software.