It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:36 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 44 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 48

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:54 am 

Boy I am stumped and pretty much give up so I might as well ask for some assistance with this. I think I may have been able to get the server to run the mod but then trying to connect with my client it pretty much says I'm missing content. Either I'm missing something to launch the game with the mod or the server was set up incorrectly for the mod. Pretty much all I have done is gone into the vanilla folder and put in this line within this area of start_invasion.
Code:
array<string> overlays = {
                "media/packages/invasion"
            [b][i]"media/packages/RWR_total_conversion_mod"[/i][/b]
        };

Another odd thing is that if I copy start_invasion, paste it exactly where start_invasion is and rename it to start_invasion1 the server cannot find it when I run start_script start_invasion1 even though it's in the vanilla scripts folder where it looks normally. Most guides on any kind of server making are 2013 or 2014 back when I made my server the first time and they all use php and whatnot and it appears it's only used for legacy now so those are outdated and only serve as some kind of loooooooose guideline. Closest thing I got to getting an idea on how to get anything going was from this webpage: https://runningwithrifles.gamepedia.com/Handling_mods . Even that though seems to be missing some information on how to get things rolling. Any help would be appreciated so my 3 friends who already own the game can play with me and these mods on this new updated dedicated server and hopefully convince my other two buds to purchase this game once they see how much fun this game is. Reminds me a lot of that commadore game Cannon Fodder but much better.