It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:47 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 79

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:28 am 

Hi,

Nice game, bought it yesterday, there are a few bugs that quite annoy me. Hope you can fix these in the next version.

I'm running version 1.50 on a mac 10.12.

1) When I full screen the game, there is no way for me to CMD+Tab out of it or do any of my normal OS short keys. In fact, for the operating system, it behaves as if I'm not active (puts the OS in screen lock in the background). This forces me to play it in windowed mode.

2) When I play in windowed mode and tab out to, for example, the browser (or whatever), and then *click* the grey top bar of the game window (whatever it's called), the game window moves out of the screen (it moves to the left by 90%). Then the game is not visible any more, but still running, so I have to kill the process because I can't see it any more. Current way for me to avoid this is to click inside the game instead.

3) This one is quite annoying. Whenever I start the game without steam running, it always disconnects me from any online server within a second or two with the message, "online disconnected". Connecting to the same servers with steam running, just works and always works.

4) There is no ping indicator on the server list (this should be very simple to implement)

5) There is no way for me to sort in the server list.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:19 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback!

skarmy wrote:
Hi,

Nice game, bought it yesterday, there are a few bugs that quite annoy me. Hope you can fix these in the next version.

I'm running version 1.50 on a mac 10.12.

1) When I full screen the game, there is no way for me to CMD+Tab out of it or do any of my normal OS short keys. In fact, for the operating system, it behaves as if I'm not active (puts the OS in screen lock in the background). This forces me to play it in windowed mode.

2) When I play in windowed mode and tab out to, for example, the browser (or whatever), and then *click* the grey top bar of the game window (whatever it's called), the game window moves out of the screen (it moves to the left by 90%). Then the game is not visible any more, but still running, so I have to kill the process because I can't see it any more. Current way for me to avoid this is to click inside the game instead.

3) This one is quite annoying. Whenever I start the game without steam running, it always disconnects me from any online server within a second or two with the message, "online disconnected". Connecting to the same servers with steam running, just works and always works.

The window handling is painful, I agree, it's also painful in how little I can do about it in implementation. The windows are handled by the graphics library RWR uses, Ogre3D, and a 5-year old version is in use by now (1.7.4). I'm not aware what's the status with window handling in a more recent version if it has been improved. An attempt to upgrade to 1.9.x was done some time ago which caused a lot of new trouble so in the end it was decided we can't go there.

Updates to Ogre3D 1.7 aren't happening anymore, we're pretty much stuck with how it is unfortunately.

Quote:
4) There is no ping indicator on the server list (this should be very simple to implement)
5) There is no way for me to sort in the server list.

The country info has been serving as an alternative to pinging the servers. It's true that pinging would tell the connection quality more accurately. I doubt that it'll change very soon; there's Windows/Linux/Mac support to handle and make it work as a background thread to avoid stalling the UI. It's by no means impossible but not really a priority feature right now.

Yup, the server list is as rudimentary as it gets. Until there are 5 pages of servers, I don't think we'll work on a sorting feature.