It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:05 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 48

All times are UTC

Post subject: well this sux
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:13 am 

i dont know if its just me or not but recently when ive tried to play rwr ive been getting constant rubber banding and dsync on all servers regardless of ping, i used to be able to play fine on the us server with average of 250 ping but now i get dysnc apox every 2 seconds even when im not moving and on the aus server where i get about 50-90 ping i get rubber-banding that teleports me out from behind cover ect, is there anything i can do to possibly fix these issues otherwise ill probably stop playing as it makes the game unenjoyable. :cry:

Post subject: Re: well this sux
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:02 am 

Mellcor wrote:
...and on the aus server where i get about 50-90 ping...

It looks like you have ping fluctuations which is a killer in RWR. Try to ping 103.42.224.189 for a bit (the AU server and see if your ping is stable). I let it run for 30s here and I have between 345 and 350ms which makes me even able to play without much rubberbanding/sync issues as the ping is stable. Of course the high ping gives me a long delay but that's normal.
Long story short, ping fluctuation are the worst friend of the RWR netcode. Try to play via cable (not Wifi) if possible, that usually helps a bit at least.
Make sure noone in you home network is watching movies excessively while you are playing or use P2P tools like torrents.