It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:26 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 39 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 74

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:14 am 

I'm pretty sure this topic is getting annoying for some People and im sorry for asking already.

I wanted to play this game with a friend. I am unable to join his server, he is unable to join my server. Here are the steps both of us went through multiple times.

- Forwarding port 1234 in our Router
- Forwaring a bunch of other ports to see if it would work
- using ports that definitely should work because they do in other games we play together
- trying TCP and UDP ports just to make sure
- using Tunngle ( although LAN games are not supported it was worth a try )
- deactivating anti-virus programms
- deactivating the Fire-Wall
- granting acces to the ports we forwarded in the firewall ( like you have to do with most games that connect you online in some way )
- setting the server to private and public
- and all possible combinations of said things

Nothing worked. No matter which port we used or which things that commonly interfere with online games were activated or deactivated nothing seems to work. I really dont understands a thing about ports or any of that stuff, all i know is what i have to try if a game i want to play online is not working. None of that worked. Is there anything else I can try? Joining other servers is not a problem. But not really an option if you just want to sit down with a few people and play a game together without random guys. Would be nice if someone could help.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:00 am 

One thing, it could be that you or your friend have different game versions. The possibility is slim unless you pirated :P

I'd imagine that you know that you have to hit "esc" and hit activate server after starting a quick match as well. But if not then there ya go :D Thats all I got.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:32 am 

Or you guys dont have public IP addresses. I tried everything to make my server joinable and finally it turned out that my IP is not public.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:19 am 

No we didnt pirate the game, we both bought it on Steam. But its the first time i hear about an IP Adress not being public, how do i find out if my IP Adress is public and if its not, how can i change it?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:57 pm 

U have to check it from your internet service provider. That was only way how I found it. And I spent hours trying to setup server.
I never hosted any server before so thats why it was so difficult.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:45 pm 

I hostet games and servers for Games like Minecraft, Titan Quest, Warcraft 3 and Dont Starve. Just to give a few examples, and when i played Minecraft adventure maps with a friend he used to join my game via IP adress. Things like those are why i dont unterstand why RWR just wont work for me. Anyways, thanks for your help i'll try and find out if i have a public IP for now.

If someone else has a solution for this problem please reply.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:51 pm 

OK, if u used same connection as now, probably it should work.

Maybe you need to work more with router settings. I think devs can help once they read this post.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:59 am 

Ok guys we actually figured out a way that worked for us, i'll post it so maybe it will help someone else.

I mentioned we tried many different ports, Tunngle usw. But what we actually didnt do is trying to Port Forward Tunngle's port and use Tunngles Port AND Tunngle's Virtual IP to connect to each other. We tried it yesterday and it actually worked.

So if you have trouble and nothing seems to work just try this out:

- Log into your Router Settings ( type your IP adress in the adress bar in your Browser )
- Port Forwad the UDP Port 11155
- Make sure everyone that want to play is in the same Room in Tunngle ( Im pretty sure most of you know how Tunngle works )
- Use the host's Virtual IP and Port 11155 to connect.

Worked for us, may not work for everyone. Thanks for the help though guys! Much appriciated.
Good luck and have fun :)