It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:05 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 43 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 39

All times are UTC

Post subject: Chat commands on hotkeys
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:55 pm 

Is there any way to make chat commands on hotkeys by notepad file to mesage them not in global chat but in team/squad chat? mb its like adding "/squad" or something like this in code?
Main reason because don't want to annoy other ppl if needed to spam them a bit. Not main reason - don't wanna let enemy players to know what i'm telling (ofc if there will be some pvp events in future :P)

for example i have logitech g600, so i changed knife to button 1 and for rest i made chat commands

Quote:
<hotkeys>
<hotkey index="0" text="Thanks! Country will never forget you or maybe will.." />
<hotkey index="1" text="Reloading! Cover me!" />
<hotkey index="2" text="Changing position!" />
<hotkey index="3" text="Watch out 12 o'clock, mate!" />
<hotkey index="4" text="Watch out 9 o'clock, mate!" />
<hotkey index="5" text="Watch out 3 o'clock, mate!" />
<hotkey index="6" text="Watch out 6 o'clock, mate!" />
<hotkey index="7" text="I'm in trouble! Save my butt!" />
<hotkey index="8" text="Fly, you fools! Something bad is coming!" />
</hotkeys>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:06 am 

Hey Kush, glad to see you stopped by the Official Forums.
I think I know what you are asking:

Basically a way to remove the "Hotkey" messages from the overall Team Chat Log. And/or have them only show on the local screen or in the Squad Chat Log. I have to agree with ya, I wish this were possible. And it does lead to the unfortunately reality that we do spam the team chat log when we use them. Yet that are VERY helpful in the contexts we have all been using them. Just NOT needed for the Team Chat Log.

In my experience using the Hotkey Texts and watching others use them, they seemed to be exclusively used for Local Screen messages, or as you said, to communicate quickly with Squad Mates which are often nearby.

I too wish they did not show up in the Chat Log. Although at this time there is nothing we can do to change it.
However, maybe if we're lucky pasik and jack may consider adjusting this detail a bit in a future update?
To be honest, having them show up in the chat log does seem useless, confusing for others not familiar with what they are or intended for, and often ONLY relevant to players in the local screen.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:49 am 
Site Admin

The technical reason why hotkey chats go into global channel is that hotkeys were added a long while before the player-squad possibility was even considered or the chat became to have channels at all. Mainly hotkeys were meant to be used as silent commands to the server (by adding / at the start of the message content) for modded functionality.

It should be pretty simple to work in that you can define the channel (global, faction or squad) for each hotkey, I can look into it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:32 pm 

pasik wrote:
It should be pretty simple to work in that you can define the channel (global, faction or squad) for each hotkey, I can look into it.

Thanks pasik. I know you guys are starting on something new and I don't expect RWR to be massively altered at this point. But a little tweaking on the Hotkeys function would be nice. They are very very helpful in the heat of a battle. Yet confusing or misleading when they pop up in the Global Chat as it's hard to know who's being told to "move up" or watch whatever flank.

I know all the chat channels and squad feature were added later in the development;I myself made a big push for the Squad Function and a wider variety of player markers. And those features have helped so much, thank you! Also one interesting effect is that players not in the same Squad, myself included, have started using the Squad Chat as a local screen only way to talk to each other. It basically works as a somewhat private chat on local screen only. Anyway, the Squad features are definitely getting used, and the Steam Friends marker is so nice. We've all been able to organize and group ourselves far more effectively when lots of players are on.