It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 11:07 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 44 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 17

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:10 pm 

It seems that since the v1.01 update allied bots are no longer joining players' squads.

I have asked in-game several times if other people are suffering from this problem, some people say it affects them randomly, others do not reply (probably too busy playing).
By random it is meant that bots sometimes join them, but often don't - for me though the bots never join (even though I have my squad limit set to 10). I see plenty of bots running around, and can stand in the middle of a crowd of them - nothing changes.

My rank is currently Colonel, and I am playing on MAC OS X.
Is there other info I can provide to help nail this issue down? If so, please let me know and I will do my best to provide it.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

Is this related to online or single player? If online, which server is it happening or is it in general all Official Invasion or Dominance servers?

EDIT: actually, could it be the squad config setting? There are a few squad configs, Default, Destroyer, Stealth, that sort, and if you've on purpose or by accident set it to Stealth, no bots will be accepted in your squad given how none of them carries suppressed weapons.

We were actually supposed to remove this feature, looks like it's still in.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:41 pm 

DO NOT remove this feature please. It makes it much easier to drop both into stealth so they bugger off and You can go sneeeeky. Or at least leave 2 settings, stealth and default. I'm sorry but if someone makes a mistake or presses keys randomly (home/end are nowhere near usual keys You use to play, so....) that is not the games fault.

I was thinking, would it be much work to add tips to the loading screens ? Like about the squad mod + grenade shortcut for detonations, squad mod + use for picking stuff up straight into the backpack, changing squad behavior and so on. Little game mechanics that are in the game but not explained clearly anywhere in keyboard setup or in keys section on the wiki. You can find this info but it's buried somewhat.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:42 pm 

You were correct, I had the squad mode set to stealth by mistake - foolish me! Thank you for pointing that out.

I do agree with Thrillseeker that stealth mode can be very handy, but not if you think you're in another mode...
These other little tweaks would be handy to know too, I wasn't aware of them.