It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:54 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 44 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 75

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:00 pm 

Where do registered player profiles save to in the dedicated server directory? I've set up a private to test functions about, and promoted myself up high enough to play around. I suppose, I could configure the promote to demote by 10000xp, but I began to wonder where these profiles were saved.

As for the future of other server commands, is this still a work in progress, or are admins expected to code their own files to allow for full functionality in-game?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:37 pm 
Site Admin

Sedge wrote:
Where do registered player profiles save to in the dedicated server directory? I've set up a private to test functions about, and promoted myself up high enough to play around. I suppose, I could configure the promote to demote by 10000xp, but I began to wonder where these profiles were saved.

Dedicated servers store profiles in profiles subfolder directly in RWR server root folder.

Quote:
As for the future of other server commands, is this still a work in progress, or are admins expected to code their own files to allow for full functionality in-game?

The console messages you can see with help in server console are largely what you might call deprecated, so active development hasn't been on going there in a years now I believe. Gamemode scripts offer some commands, usable both in console and in game, but not sure if there are comprehensible lists anywhere, also most of the commands are just used to test certain things. Largely vanilla RWR has been designed to be automatic.

Further work can be done with dedicated servers if there are good suggestions on what to expand on. Do you have something specific in mind that would be missing right now?