It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:35 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 72

All times are UTC

Post subject: Vehicle self-kill bugs
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:07 pm 

You can get an APC to shoot itself if you stand right behind it. Same for ships, but you just need to be in front of its path. The ship will come towards you and fire its rocket launcher into its own path. The ship thing might be something you don't want to fix, but there's no way an APC should be able to kill itself.

Last edited by halp on Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:45 pm 

also if the gunner is npc, and the target is right in front of\behind apc, it will damage itself instead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:41 pm 

Somewhat related, and may have been referenced in other threads:

I have found, after much time in the vehicles, that it feels at least 25%-50% of all damage comes from my own AI troops. It's most often grenades. The more I watch for it, the more often I realize I am in a barrage of grenades from both sides as I cautiously work the front. There are times I die so unexpectedly fast in a tank when I have only encountered a few enemy AI because I get grenades thrown behind me or nearby from my AI that don't clear the tank.

I totally want them to help, but just to use WAY more caution around friendly vehicles.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:26 am 

The APC gunner can kill itself too, when you have it on a steep hill and shooting down on the other side of the hill the gun depression is so great that it can actually start shooting itself

not sure what kind of tank has a gun that can shoot itself irl lol

this is most apparent when you go into the gun itself and just shoot your own apc in the front

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:45 pm 

Another self-kill bug (that's different) is that if you jump into an enemy comms truck the enemy AI will rocket/nade it to death.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:53 am 

halp wrote:
Another self-kill bug (that's different) is that if you jump into an enemy comms truck the enemy AI will rocket/nade it to death.
The same applies to all the enemy vehicles, something like a "stowaway" - if they catch you in any vehicle your ass will be grass and if you are not fast enough consider yourself as a dead man then :D

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.