test

Game servers 38 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 12

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Bug or what?!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:52 pm 
Site Admin

DIO wrote:
pasik wrote:
Not normal. I haven't seen this happen as wounded but I've been unable to access inventory, map and radio sometimes in online. Currently no ideas how to make it happen.
I've noticed that it only happens when you've used radio calls once. If you are woundef again then the second attempt fails.

Good stuff, need to try that the next time I'm on.

Quote:
pasik wrote:
I don't see how this is a bug. C4 sticks on things.

EDIT: Just realized you meant that you've already exited and moved away from the vehicle locally when you see the C4 stick on the vehicle after throwing it. That's likely happening because you're off-syncing. On the server, you're still sitting in the vehicle or positioned near it. The bug would be at why the forced OOS sync didn't happen earlier already.
Also noticed that it happens only if you were in spawn truck, armory truck, APC and tank. Never happen with jeep or humvee.
OK, and what about the same with sandbags? Same OOS sync? I'm not sure I understand your answer correctly, but I can shoot, move, run, swim, climb etc. without any off sync.
Btw what "OOS" means - Online Operating System, Object Oriented Scanning or Synchronization? Asking as a layman. 8-)

The C4 warping to a sandbag is a more surprising one, yeah. I personally haven't seen that happen, but I guess it could be that your character was still there close to the sandbag on the server, possibly on the other side, you know, humping against it, while you saw yourself locally steer around it. The OOS detector should be fairly strict in enforcing the sync if the position on the client vs on the server becomes too different, but I've noticed it myself that for some obscure reason it allows the client to go on for too long sometimes.

OOS = out of sync.

The way things work is that playing as a client, you're seeing your controlled character do most of the things real time as if they happened without any lag. In reality, the input you're doing is sent to server, it takes a time, a time which isn't same each update frame, and server applies them in its own game. This causes errors in what you see happen as a client and what happens on the server.

Hence, the fact that you see stuff happen locally doesn't mean they happen on the server. E.g. you could see yourself shooting and making hits at an enemy soldier, you even see the blood, but on the server you might as well be behind a wall shooting at the wall if things are appropriately off sync. There are of course number of measures that are done to avoid this sort of stuff from happening, but it isn't fool proof. You should at least experience "rubber banding" to an extent when things are wrong; it means your local game is trying to move your character more towards the correct position it has received back from the server. The worse it gets, the more fiercely it tries to correct it.

Some other times you see obvious clues that everything is not right. Sandbags aren't getting built (you possibly didn't even have the item you thought you had, or you are close to a wall on the server), you throw a grenade but see the grenade spawning 4m right from you and being thrown from there, or you see a rocket blast right there where you stand as if it hit you yourself only to see enemies die on what seems to be an invisible blast where you tried to shoot in the first place.

It's difficult to deal with this stuff, and it all happens because playing without the client side prediction would be just plain horrible (we played like that 3 years ago). For the most part things work well as long as you have reasonably stable lag on the server. You can do even 200ms lag ok as long as it's stable.

Quote:
pasik wrote:
Maybe this is related to the countermeasure that was added to prevent people from spreading C4 near the radio tower, use one to destroy it, camp there and wait for another tower to spawn, destroy it with another C4. You aren't doing that sort of thing, are you?
On the contrary - I am doing exactly this thing...... just as many of us do for fun and for RP of course. :D
Obviously I've missed that part. Didn't even know about this measure. But I think C4 is made to be planted at desired locations to be detonated when you want. For that they called it C4.

Nice! :D Frankly, I would've expected the C4 to become removed on client side too but apparently it only happens on server side. But yea, we needed to come up with something, it wasn't fair that people could harvest all that RP/XP by just waiting there knowing the tower spawns there, or even worse, the tower spawning with the old C4 attached to it :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:06 am 

As Street Veteran pointed out sometimes C4 doesn't work even if it is planted right now.

PP
Wasn't sure what OOS mean, because you said "OOS sync" so I thought you speaking about another meaning. :)

Btw I always forget to mention that I am speaking only for online gaming(especially in SAS Invasion).
----------------------

After all, thank you, pasik!
Very good and useful(at least for me) explanation of the out of sync issue.

At any rate, at this stage of the game it is more than magnificent.
Keep doing your best work!

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:31 pm 

What is this "invicible rubberband" bug?
I spawned but could not move more than 1m to any drection. When I release move command Im pulled back to origo. Like connected to rubber band.
I reconnected and it was over.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:10 am 

Using same thread for the convenience.
OK, I can command AI to drive a particular vehicle to the point which I want and then I can leave the vehicle to go elsewhere, but quite often happens that as soon as the AI driver is out of squad range, he immediately abandoned the vehicle.
Why does this happen?

Another subject: almost at 95% of cases if enemies are tightly adhered to a vehicle you can't stab them(same goes if they are surrendered or wounded very close to the vehicle), but they always can.

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:50 am 
Site Admin

DIO wrote:
Using same thread for the convenience.
OK, I can command AI to drive a particular vehicle to the point which I want and then I can leave the vehicle to go elsewhere, but quite often happens that as soon as the AI driver is out of squad range, he immediately abandoned the vehicle.
Why does this happen?

If the AI driver becomes left out from your squad, can happen e.g. if he doesn't "sense" you anymore due to distance, he either forms his own squad or joins another one nearby. Joining another one means he'll follow his new leader and will then abandon the vehicle. Becoming a leader, I guess he might end up using the vehicle if he decides he can use it to move to his new target location received from the commander, but if not, he'll abandon it.

Quote:
Another subject: almost at 95% of cases if enemies are tightly adhered to a vehicle you can't stab them(same goes if they are surrendered or wounded very close to the vehicle), but they always can.

I suppose the stab directed towards the enemy between you and the vehicle can make the stab collide with the vehicle effectively denying the action. It's same as stabbing against a wall which is denied so that you can't stab through it (you could, at one point). The enemy on the other hand in such situation would be facing away from the vehicle, causing the stab to happen outwards from the vehicle having no chance of collision with it, so the stab would not become denied by anything.

Could certainly use some tweaking, it's not exactly intended that you can be protected from stabs by having your back against a wall.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:33 pm 

DIO wrote:
Sometimes when I'm wounded, I have no radio calls or inventory. Nothing works.
Now it happens to me at 1/3 of the cases - played about 3 h. in SAS Beer. Did anyone else notice that too?

DIO wrote:
I've noticed that it only happens when you've used radio calls once. If you are woundef again then the second attempt fails.
Now this is happening at all time - whether you're wounded for the first or the second time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:52 pm 

Do you get a list of calls when you press radio call button or is it disabled? Or does the guys say "reinforcements requesting"?
But i have never had this problem.

I feel that sometimes when i make some radiocall, usually arty, it never arrives.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:56 pm 

Street Veteran wrote:
Do you get a list of calls when you press radio call button or is it disabled
Got nothing. As if I'm not pushed the corresponding button - no inventory/calls appears

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:37 am 

This also must be some bug..... well, on Old Fort Creek, I went with our comm truck near Textile Factory, left it until I get the loot in the crate but meanwhile a Brown squad leader got into it with his squad :!: and wanted to drive it somewhere and because I could not resist to the temptation I used c4. :D
I've never ever seen such thing so that I made this post.
What could be the explanation :?: :?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:56 am 

Another situations:
  • I often see an elites to be stunned by explosive(grenades or XM25 projectile), but they aren't been wounded even if they got 2 or 3 nades. Just for comparison: if a player take only 1(one) nade his vest will be damaged completely, but seems the same doesn't concern those elites
  • what are the chances to be spawned under the armory truck, because that happens not so rarely especially on Old Fort Creek. Like that one at map 11 when often the players were spawned under patrol ship, which means dead
  • friendly bots are set not to throw grenades at cargo truck. Thats good. But as soon as you hijack the driver, they shooting and throwing with whatever they can, so this also means you die

Can you explain them?