It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:52 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 78

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:43 am 

Okay so this is a newer feeling issue, and seems to have been getting worse over the last month.
And at this point, I don't often say this, but it's making it unplayable.
I may be suffering more frequently than others, but it is hard to tell because all the time playing beta I never encountered this issue. But new guys don't know the difference, yet I do know it's becoming common for others now too.

The Issue:
Whenever you move in a single direction, driving or on foot, you get stuck moving that way.
At first enter a game it's not for long periods or often, but after a while of playing it seems to build up.
After some time ingame it happens constantly, you have to stop moving by holding the opposite direction for an extended period before entering battle to keep yourself from uncontrollably running right into gunfire. Yet at it's worst it will occur even after moving short distances.

If it is happening and you try to write text, generally the direction you're stuck moving in will cause the corresponding Letter Key to no longer function in the text. And then you are unable to move in that direction for some time.

Example: You move forward with W for 15-30 seconds, get stuck moving that way for about the same amount of time you held it and were moving, or you press and hold reverse (S) for 10-15seconds to try and slow or stop. If you try to type something like "What's happening", it will come out: 'hat's happening', no matter how many times you try to retype it. And then if this happens you can no longer move forward at all, sometimes completely unable to move with W any longer. I have found in vehicles you can exit and enter to reset it. But on foot you're screwed. A few of us had to deal with it on the Copperhill Down the other night.

PLEASE look into this when you guys can. Thanks.

Some people log out, some quit. I have been encountering it more and more lately myself. And it the main thing keeping from putting in more time. I actually can't function in combat, even on foot. As if you sneak or even run for a while it happens. So you have to collide into things to stop, or move tiny little bits. But I am having it start to occur after playing a round or two after even the smallest constant movements.

I don't know if you guys have been playing, I know you're working on more content and what not, but you should take some time to see if you experience it as well. If you can do ANYTHING about it please do. I notice I don't get the "Desynch" message as much as the good old days, but I get this issue instead.
Oh and my ping barely varies between 70-80 even when this issue starts to happen.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:59 pm 

Opt, I am pretty sure that all this you're talking about is due the same damn frequent desync over all the official servers, no matter what your ping is. :evil:
Does this look familiar to you: viewtopic.php?p=14060#p14060

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:11 pm 

Yeah does sound along the same lines. Although the new "lag wall" that some have been calling it, does seemto be its own new thing. I forgot the more frequent "rubber banding" too. Usually that seems to happen if a do a combination actions such as crouch, open inventory, switch items, and switch weapons (such as moving into cover, putting sandbags in 2ndary slot and then switching to 2ndary slot) all in rapid succession.
I know before there was an issue with "ghost items" in your pack and weird issues with 2ndary weapons not showing right if you did similar action combinations, so I don't know if this rubber banding is related to something similar to the ghost items issue.

Anyway I am also getting way more frequent rubber banding. It's no longer an irregular occurrence, but becoming quite frequent. It just feels like it's happening so much I can't play more than 30-45 minutes before it gets so bad I am more of a danger to myself and teammates if I am driving. WAY more friendly run overs because I am unable to stop at all in a vehicle when it gets real bad.

I think I may put some time in on SAS and see if I get the same issues at all.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:20 pm 

Opt_0 wrote:
I think I may put some time in on SAS and see if I get the same issues at all.
Already tested all the official servers and the fact is that they all are affected, including both SAS servers, which is very surprising, because I thought that they are not connected to the official ones in the same way or something.......
Maybe this issue is due to the updating the players statistic between the servers.

In any case, it is obvious that the servers need of urgent intervention.

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:56 am 

Yes very urgent. Seriously half my deaths now after playing for about 30minutes are from this movement/lag issue. I constantly keep running, or shifting when in cover because it trying to make me run. I crush guys constantly in the Tank because I can't stop. I'm totally useless in combat after a bit.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:37 pm 

If you guys are talking about the SAS servers, they haven't been reset since like 2 weeks. They are running on windows and as the windows server binaries are leaking a bit, the servers need to be auto restarted twice a day to have a smooth experience.
Doc forgot to reactivate the restart script but it's on again now. Let us know if you are still experiencing lag there.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:21 pm 

JackMayol wrote:
If you guys are talking about the SAS servers........
No, Jack, we are talking about ALL official servers. Probably you've missed this particular thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2311

EDIT
Well, for this very reason, almost all of my recent deaths are very irritating and hilarious! :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:59 am 

I just tried one of the US servers (40 ping) and I got stuck rubberbanding once every one or two minutes (or more often when near walls and buildings).

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:20 am 

I was playing SAS Beerdrinkers for 2h yesterday and not too much rubberbanding. Some lags with vehicles, but still totally playable.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:52 pm 

Street Veteran wrote:
I was playing SAS Beerdrinkers for 2h yesterday and not too much rubberbanding. Some lags with vehicles, but still totally playable.
The strange thing is that the PVP servers are not affected of "rubberbanding effect" at the same way, the fact, which I can not explain..... :?