It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:37 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 130

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:06 am 

Hello again.

After playtesting a recent version of my mod, I've been consistently getting crashes across all maps, giving me the error in the thread title. When I consult the crash log, it tells me that there are missing materials, and that I should define them in a script.

I have never received this error before, and I'm not sure what exactly it means and what is causing it. Can someone explain this to me, and possibly what is causing it and how to fix it? It would be most appreciated.

Note that on some maps it is more prevalent than others: One some maps like Moorland Trenches or Old Fort Creek, I can usually still play a full game. Maps like Keepsake Bay and Power Junction last for a few minutes before crashing, and Vigil Island crashes on startup.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:17 am 

missing material is just a warning, it doesn't affect the game in any negative way, moreover you will see it in every log anyway.

About your issue, it could be different things which is hard to tell without seeing the modded files.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:53 pm 

I'll upload the mod files later, on mobile ATM. I'll submit the crash log as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:33 pm 

Here's the mod file. Last crash log has been included in the .zip.

Interestingly, I noticed a new error while looking through the log: "Trouble Joining a Squad."

Anything important?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6w30a ... ble%29.zip

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:25 pm 

First of all, great work so far on your mod! :)

For the instant crashes on load, you might want to add in your overlay maps/map* subfolders where you add a custom map_config.xml.
e.g. for map2 you'd replace the green, grey faction files with your custom ones (xcom+exalt)

As for the T vector crashes, it's because a boss is calling paratroopers reinforcements which aren't from a faction the game knows as it's hasn't been declared.
Adapt the map_config.xml accordingly and it should fix it (didn't test it myself).

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:43 pm 

Thanks for the help. Will post results in a bit.

Let me also give credit where it's due: Acake is the creator of the original XCOM mod, my mod is a alternative to his that includes different balancing, a slightly extended armory, and many aesthetic changes. We've been collaborating for some time for both of our mods.

So, basically, I'd be copying the map folders from vanilla into the overlay's maps subfolder, and adjusting the factions so that they point to the overlay's faction files? And this will solve both problems?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Did what you suggested. Got a crash when I attempted to start a new game to switch factions. Crash log included.

https://www.mediafire.com/?i8qhkxcq7t2yo6e

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:37 am 

Ramsoos wrote:
So, basically, I'd be copying the map folders from vanilla into the overlay's maps subfolder, and adjusting the factions so that they point to the overlay's faction files? And this will solve both problems?

yes but only the map_config.xml from the map subfolders, nothing more. And adapt them.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:54 pm 

Thing is, all factions have alternative calls that replace the paratroopers. Would an alternative fix be to stop boss units from calling in paratroopers somehow?

Going to adjust my maps subfolders. By "adapting" them, I assume you mean changing the faction.xmls in the map_config. Would any other adjustments be necessary (since all_calls is still referred to as all_calls in the overlay?)

Sorry to ask all these probably silly questions. I'm a novice modder, and am still learning as I go.

[EDIT]: This has since been resolved.