All times are UTC

Post subject: Beta 0.77, Windows/Linux
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:26 am 
Site Admin

Here's the change log for beta 0.77:

input: pressing crouch key cancels prone, if prone was effective earlier
menu: map info and overlay mod enabling controls added in map change menu
menu: serverlist view improved, more space for information, version added
menu: controls added for character voxel quality presets, voxel density and size adjust, grass, water and weather
gameplay: winning faction suffers less in capacity per base
gameplay: spawn position can be chosen in the map now with LMB (shoot) when dead
gameplay: soldiers now dive when going prone while running
maps: map2 and map3 gone through small changes
maps: given names
map3: new ambient sounds added
weapons: reduced chance of spawning with bazookas
vehicles: parking brakes bound with pickup-key: AI will not drive away a parked vehicle, useful for mobile spawn trucks
ai: ai attempts to slow down the vehicle to not drive over fellow soldiers
appearance: foam not showing up bug fixed
appearance: cutout texture support added
appearance: new grass system
appearance: "color palette" revamped
appearance: new decals added
appearance: water remade
appearance: characters are now slightly shaded
performance: batch count reduced slightly by using texture atlases, work in progress
map-making: mesh set support added, randomly picks a mesh from a defined set
map-making: some ages old hardcoded wall generation keywords deprecated
map-making: texture atlas grid and texture rect, color variance (hue, saturation, brightness) support added
map-making: platforms can now define base wall appearance using wall templates
map-making: automatic terrain layer decoration ("grass") generation parameters added
parameters: launch with "flip" to have all maps reversed
parameters: launch with "debugmode" for several map-making helpers: f4 for free camera, f5 for debug visuals, f8 to load resources listed in reload.txt, ctrl-f8 to reload partial area around your character
parameters: launch with "no_ai" to create just the player controlled character on start up, useful with debugmode when fine-tuning a map

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:39 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:17 am 

Grrr when i stopped checking every day for updates there is a update also im happy you added you can pick your own spawn points and that you can do a bloody dive of epicness im about to test if you can dive off a roof top :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:48 am 

^ you sure can :P

Done so many a time haha to hilarious effect.

ComJak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 am 

Now all we need is the ability to dive over short obstacles, ie; hoods of cars, sandbags, low-lying walls, rocks. :D

Proud to be a RwR forum moderator!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:21 pm 

and shooting/knifing while diving! :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:18 am 

Reply to above

Diving while shooting would be Max Payne if he went to war except time wont slow down

also the game looks much better though my computer might not handle big future updates like this i had to turn down my number of bodies it could be just me being worried about that once a big update comes i wont be able to play from lag which would make me cry

also it is kinda hard for me to remember i can pick spawn points i keep forgetting because i am used to the map become on screen after a death

and running with rifles recognition is rising every day few weeks i see new posts about the game change dramatically to me

ALSO i found my first bug ever i saw blood just go spit out of the road like a fountain and the noise it made a thumping noise so yeah good bye i will be on the 16th and the 17th and the 19th and so on..... i don't know why i check it every day twice a day every day i might be going insane ... well fudge fish................... SLEEPY PENGUIN AWAY! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:01 am 

conconjawa wrote:
Reply to above
Diving while shooting would be Max Payne if he went to war except time wont slow down

also the game looks much better though my computer might not handle big future updates like this i had to turn down my number of bodies it could be just me being worried about that once a big update comes i wont be able to play from lag which would make me cry

also it is kinda hard for me to remember i can pick spawn points i keep forgetting because i am used to the map become on screen after a death

Shooting while diving is not a good idea. It works only in uber exagerated hollywood movies ;)
About the performance, the game won't be more performance hungry in future releases. Even if new stuff will be added, there is still room for optimizations that will compensate it.
About the spawn pick, I got to be used to it myself, I still tend to hammer my spacebar to respawn instead of pressing the map key and choosing a spawnpoint :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:32 pm 

JackMayol wrote:
Shooting while diving is not a good idea. It works only in uber exagerated hollywood movies

yeah i agree no diving and shooting since this game is not a holly wood movie where you can walk down a road and every bullet misses you as a truck explodes behind you in RWR you would have died quicker then when you actually reached about 3 feet. this leads to my favorite of the game it doesn't make me rage at all ever which is great since you die quite a bit in this game well cant wait for next update see you later amigos

P.S I LEARNED THE BUTTON FOR SOMEWHAT REPLYING ITS THE QUOTE BUTTON THIS DESERVES A CELEBRATION :D