It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 49 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 158

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

Linux demo beta 0.76 is now available here http://www.modulaatio.com/runningwithri ... 386.tar.gz as a tar.gz package including pre-built i386 binaries.

EDIT: curl comes bundled from now on
This version requires that you have libopenal1, libwxgtk2.8-0 and nvidia-cg-toolkit packages installed on your system, especially 32-bit versions of these libs.

E.g. if you have 32-bit operating system that makes use of apt, then you'd install them as follows:
Code:
apt-get install libopenal1 libwxgtk2.8-0 nvidia-cg-toolkit

On 64-bit system with apt, you'd do the following:
Code:
apt-get install libopenal1:i386 libwxgtk2.8-0:i386 nvidia-cg-toolkit:i386

The game needs to be launched with launch_game -script. It will automatically run launch_config the first time when you don't have a config file yet.

The tar.gz package also includes a lib-subfolder, which includes several libraries RWR or RWR's graphics engine Ogre3D is dependent on. These might cause some launch issues on some systems, I suppose, so I'd very much like to hear about such problems here on this thread to get them fixed.

The package has been so far tested to be working with
* Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise) 32-bit
* Debian 6 32-bit
* Linux Mint 64-bit
* Ubuntu 10.04.4 (Lucid) 32-bit
* Arch Linux 64-bit

Then, another topic is the graphics issues you might see on Linux. This might get a bit technical, but I'll put it out there anyway already, maybe it helps to pinpoint something.

In my own experience, I couldn't get my ATI card support a better Cg profile than arbfp1 and arbvp1, which results in that the soldier rendering is not the most optimal choice there is performance-wise. It can be also visually seen by all soldiers having grey/silver rendering when behind obstacles as opposed to green soldiers having a hint of green. I'll try to remember to post some screenshots of it if it helps.

The supported Cg shader profiles are printed in the log, which is located at data\rwr_game.log.

My understanding is that any newer (since like 2007) NVIDIA GPU should have Cg shader profiles such vp40 and fp40 supported, which should allow the better rendering technique to be used.

Good luck! :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:39 pm 
Site Admin

There's now an alternative package for Linux demo, http://www.modulaatio.com/runningwithri ... 386.tar.gz, in hopes of resolving some dependency libraries issues mainly with curl. The build has been made with a slightly older environment too. OpenAL, wxWidgets and Cg libs are not bundled.

If this proves to be working better than the first one, I'll have the first one removed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:40 pm 
Site Admin

pasik wrote:
There's now an alternative package for Linux demo, http://www.modulaatio.com/runningwithri ... 386.tar.gz, in hopes of resolving some dependency libraries issues mainly with curl. The build has been made with a slightly older environment too. OpenAL, wxWidgets and Cg libs are not bundled.

If this proves to be working better than the first one, I'll have the first one removed.

This better build has now been renamed to the original one, http://www.modulaatio.com/runningwithri ... 386.tar.gz