It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:22 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 44 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 109

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:34 pm 
Site Admin

The subject tells the most of it, download the zip here http://www.modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/running_with_rifles_alpha_0.2.zip.

Changes in 0.2:
- aim target on ground increased, to make bullets fly farther to hit enemies behind the crosshair better
- M240 machine gun, shoots either on prone or if there's a wall/crate of suitable height, either from standing or crouch, limited turning range
- AI pushes reinforcements constantly towards attack target if situation in attack target is tight -- helps with winning areas alone while one enemy is somewhere hard to find
- AI trench steering improved, less aimless spinning
- color model revamped; terrain is also shaded by height relative to player soldier position (requires vertex program support in graphics card); different fog
- run animation made more bouncy, varied animation speed
- HK MP5 SD -like suppressed submachine gun
- improved AI for nearby alerts; AI now "sees" the gun muzzle at night, so shooting draws fire from the enemy for some time unless suppressed smg is used
- when a battle starts, the AI on the team not-firing-first suffers a random reaction time penalty
- AI reacts to suppressive fire by staying in cover more
- AI uses knife
- added ability to change weapon by picking up a new one
- crates sometimes pop out weapons when smashed
- added option for number of initial occupied bases on player's team when creating a new game
- added controls for managing team members amount: page down/page up
- soldier amount model tweaked -- the less occupied areas you have, the more soldiers you get per area -- the more occupied areas you have, the less soldiers you get per area -- let's see how it works
- AI leader selection tweaked; attacking team (including player's) should be more interesting to join to in AI's choices
- loading a previously saved game near map boundaries should work better now
- the Town became bigger, and got divided into east and west sides
- Hotel base added

Have fun! Let me know if you spot new issues.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:14 pm 

I have not been recently following this game. Then something made me remember, so I googled it and now there is a new update :)
Nice progress on the game, I think I'll bookmark the forum and stay active.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:02 pm 

YEEES.

Thank you, now you own my soul.

Great games come with great developers!

Except for the developers of Minecraft and Terraria... those developers aren't good coders. At all.

Also, you should make the location of soldiers dependent on where the battles are starting - so if you owned half the map diagonally, the corner base furhest from the front lines won't have very little soldiers there, while it incrementally gets higher until the front lines. Also - do soldiers actually listen to the "Reinforcements requested at..." alerts? I've not really noticed whether they do or not!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:56 am 

On the one hand, I'm pleased with the updates. The height shading helps quite a bit. On the other hand, my laptop can no longer run it at 1280x800 without being really choppy at times (though the fact that it ran okay at full resolution in the last version is a bit of a miracle considering my laptop's specs).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:29 am 

NICE! :D

Really happy about the update :)
The town is now my favourite base( both W and E :D)

Though i wonder, how rare are the MP5s? I've only managed to see a handful in about an hour and something of gameplay :( ( and only got to use them twice, though i was killed shortly after :( )

i also found some issues

When i'm running diagonaly using either WA or WD i can't open or close the map. It has been like this since 0.1, however i forgot to mention this earlier :P

When i destroy crates, sometimes it's content just flies out of the screen at a really high speed. (Weapons or crate parts)

and again with the crates. I was running towards one in order to see if i could finnaly find an MP5, i pressed the key and i smashed it but, my soldier was in covering mode, with nothing in front of him and i couldn't move in the direction that the crate was (up in this case) untill i moved down first. I don't know if i was really clear with this pasik, however i'll try to keep an eye out and see if i can get a screenshot :)

This was what i found for now :D

Causeless wrote:
Except for the developers of Minecraft and Terraria... those developers aren't good coders. At all.

You're the 1st one i hear saying that. You got me curious, why do you say that? :o

Look behind you. What I'm not there? I see... then look forward. Still not there? ...On the sides? Up and down? ...Where the heck am I? ... Oh wait! Yeah! I'm the one that's trying to find me ._. That's rather silly isn't it?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:47 am 

Aaaaaaawesome. Suppressive fire! You listened to our ideas! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:36 am 

Is there a key for going prone?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:33 am 
Site Admin

SJCRPV wrote:
NICE! :D

Really happy about the update :)
The town is now my favourite base( both W and E :D)

Though i wonder, how rare are the MP5s? I've only managed to see a handful in about an hour and something of gameplay :( ( and only got to use them twice, though i was killed shortly after :( )

i also found some issues

When i'm running diagonaly using either WA or WD i can't open or close the map. It has been like this since 0.1, however i forgot to mention this earlier :P

When i destroy crates, sometimes it's content just flies out of the screen at a really high speed. (Weapons or crate parts)

and again with the crates. I was running towards one in order to see if i could finnaly find an MP5, i pressed the key and i smashed it but, my soldier was in covering mode, with nothing in front of him and i couldn't move in the direction that the crate was (up in this case) untill i moved down first. I don't know if i was really clear with this pasik, however i'll try to keep an eye out and see if i can get a screenshot :)

This was what i found for now :D

Causeless wrote:

You're the 1st one i hear saying that. You got me curious, why do you say that? :o

Using TAB while pressing WA or WD doesn't work with most keyboards, there's nothing I can do about it, well, except allow changing the TAB key to something else.

There are some issues with the crate contents flying around, I think I've fixed the debris flying around mostly, but might be that weapons still go bananas sometimes.

I've also noticed the same thing you had that you can have your back against the crate, and you still get to smash the crate with the knife, and the player will continue to keep his back against the now non-existing crate :)

MP5s are pretty rare yes. I made it that way for now as they tend to be quite the killing machines when you go Rambo during the night. (SPOILER WARNING: there's a cheat if you wish to test MP5 SD a bit more: press F5 when you're dead :D). If I can balance it better, I could make them less rare.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:37 am 
Site Admin

Red Bucket wrote:
Is there a key for going prone?

There's currently no separate key for going prone, it's a specialty for M240 shooting. I could add one though, it might be interesting for other weapon types, as well as taking cover.

Also, it would help with choosing the shooting spot for M240, as it tends to be that when standing, you see the aim marker go a long way, and when you go prone to shoot, you realize that the terrain stops you from shooting that far when lying down.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:39 am 
Site Admin

Causeless wrote:
YEEES.

Thank you, now you own my soul.

Great games come with great developers!

Also, you should make the location of soldiers dependent on where the battles are starting - so if you owned half the map diagonally, the corner base furhest from the front lines won't have very little soldiers there, while it incrementally gets higher until the front lines. Also - do soldiers actually listen to the "Reinforcements requested at..." alerts? I've not really noticed whether they do or not!

I can reveal that they don't, it's a message for you that there's a fight going on somewhere where you could possibly participate and feel like the hero who came to rescue :)