It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:08 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 58 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 211

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:48 pm 

Commander Keen wrote:
Blink wrote:
The M240 I did not like at first, but that's because I was attempting to use it as a lone wolf weapon, which it is not. But in a large squad and with suppressive fire, it was awesome and it quickly got me up to a leftenent.

The M240 is a brilliant lonewolfing weapon. I have managed to conquer East Trench and Airport in one run, all alone. See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYla3ZCwCeE

Huh, guess I don't have mad enough skills with it. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:17 pm 

So what's on deck for version 0.3? Online? More weapons? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:46 pm 

I hope for customisable weapons or any sort of easier modding.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:12 am 

Commander Keen wrote:
I hope for customisable weapons or any sort of easier modding.

Modding is actually pretty easy at this point, all resources have been in convenient formatting, rather then in some obscure compression and then in some custom filetype. As far as editing preexisting elements of the game (sounds, textures, maps) there could be no easier way although it would be nice to be able to add new elements to the game it may be lacking a little bit, although this is not something to easily add.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:57 am 
Site Admin

At this point, for 0.3, I've
* added a kind of ambient occlusion shader, doesn't work with those bushes and trees quite yet
* enabled a similar cover system for all weapons as with m240
* added a prone button, can be used with any weapon
* made shooting on prone more accurate than on crouch
* reduced m240 and mp5 accuracy
* added a few sounds, weapon drop and pickup
* worked out a few bugs, less crashes, allowing turning towards a crate when using knife starting from the back-against-wall posture

Still to do for 0.3, I'm planning to
* get rid of that character virtualization crash, I haven't seen it for a while now, but I haven't tested for extensive periods really
* add map modding features like defining building color and textures
* add a view mode to allow traveling through the map to see how it looks like, for map modding
* make weapon specification available on the outside, that being accuracy, rate of fire, mag size, factors for how sustained fire affects accuracy, suppressed yes/no, usable while standing yes/no
* add more graphics options: ambient occlusion on/off
* add more game options: AI accuracy, soldier count

Also, for a later release than 0.3, I've
* started to experiment with dust particle effects for running on sand and dirt
* started to experiment with new tree trunk/branch modelling, to get it 3D, should allow making other pole-like structures as well, street lights, utility poles, flag poles, tubes to decorate building roofs
* been working with the online mode. I've so far tested it with two PC's in LAN in both cooperative and adversary setting and the game seems to be very playable. There's still a lot to be done, proper client side prediction for worse than LAN lag and position smoothing, direction indicators for fellow team player's outside screen, menus to control all the settings, trying the game with more players, then optimizing the network traffic for more players, etc..

Hopefully I'll release 0.3 this week already, but latest next week.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:08 pm 

SJCRPV wrote:
NICE! :D

Really happy about the update :)
The town is now my favourite base( both W and E :D)

Though i wonder, how rare are the MP5s? I've only managed to see a handful in about an hour and something of gameplay :( ( and only got to use them twice, though i was killed shortly after :( )

i also found some issues

When i'm running diagonaly using either WA or WD i can't open or close the map. It has been like this since 0.1, however i forgot to mention this earlier :P

When i destroy crates, sometimes it's content just flies out of the screen at a really high speed. (Weapons or crate parts)

and again with the crates. I was running towards one in order to see if i could finnaly find an MP5, i pressed the key and i smashed it but, my soldier was in covering mode, with nothing in front of him and i couldn't move in the direction that the crate was (up in this case) untill i moved down first. I don't know if i was really clear with this pasik, however i'll try to keep an eye out and see if i can get a screenshot :)

This was what i found for now :D

Causeless wrote:
Except for the developers of Minecraft and Terraria... those developers aren't good coders. At all.

You're the 1st one i hear saying that. You got me curious, why do you say that? :o

The developers are good coders because Notch codes GUI first, and never manages to fix a bug without creating a new one, and Terraria has a horrible system of checking for items... every time an item is generated, the game goes through a massive list of every item in the game and then just verifies whether it's the right one or not... That's not a very optimised or efficient thing to do.