It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:06 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 157

All times are UTC

Post subject: Beta 0.68!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

Beta 0.68 will be available soon, actually in BMTMicro it's already available. Desura will need to verify everything is in order before publishing the update, but it shouldn't take that long now.

Here's the change log for beta version 0.68:
- weapons: PKM accuracy and lethality adjusted, the weapon was a bit overpowered
- memory: ram consumption in e.g. map3 from 800mb -> 400mb, also reduces GPU ram consumption
- pvp/map editing: possibility to designate bases for factions for initial situation, and control whether green/grey faction always gets the same side or if it's randomized
---- joiners/mass-spawn at game start will happen only in designated bases, if those are available
---- note, initial occupied bases setting doesn't have any effect in the map that use designated bases
- appearance: lighting adjusted slightly
- loading: window messages are being pumped now, no more "not responding"-status
- online: a crash case fixed related to jeeps
- online: a crash fixed related to server restart
- online: bot count compensation for the weaker faction; should make large coop more interesting and pvp with bots more even
- online: mortar request in certain case could crash a client
- chat log: faction chat was leaking over to the other faction, duh
- vehicles: collision detection bug fixes
- vehicles: toned down steering a little, sliding needs further work still
- vehicles: spawn points added, each spawn point can uphold one vehicle
- vehicles: broken state added; once broken, will respawn after a while at the spawn point
- menu: whether vehicles spawn or not can be controlled from new game menu options
- ai: ai can handle entering vehicle a little better, also jumps out when leader leaves the vehicle
- map3: some slight adjustments

I'm off to London tomorrow, I'll be back on Friday 22nd. It might be about time for another organized big match -event some day soon, don't you guys think?

Post subject: Re: Beta 0.68!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:28 pm 

hurrah!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:34 pm 
Site Admin

pasik wrote:
- pvp/map editing: possibility to designate bases for factions for initial situation, and control whether green/grey faction always gets the same side or if it's randomized
---- joiners/mass-spawn at game start will happen only in designated bases, if those are available
---- note, initial occupied bases setting doesn't have any effect in the map that use designated bases

This is done by adding "faction_index = 0;" or 1 in a base-object description. Which faction is 0 and which is 1 is randomized by default, but if you want to make 0 always green, locate the general -settings object in the materials layer, and add "randomize_faction_index = 0;" in the description.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:19 pm 

Awesome update. How difficult do you anticipate it will be to program the AI to use vehicles? I can't wait to see a bunch of AI driving around the map... it will be chaotic fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:22 pm 

i guarantee that when that gets implemented, we will all curse out the ai as they steal our jeeps haha :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:34 pm 

Welcome to the first edition of Reviewing with Rendered! Here, I"ll review the update based on my opinions.

pasik wrote:
- weapons: PKM accuracy and lethality adjusted, the weapon was a bit overpowered
Awwww, that was my favorite weapon because of this. :P Welp, back to the G36/mp5sd
- memory: ram consumption in e.g. map3 from 800mb -> 400mb, also reduces GPU ram consumption
So I assume better FPS? Sweet!
Ahhh, constant bases! I thought this was already implemented?
- appearance: lighting adjusted slightly
Wutz dis meen?
- loading: window messages are being pumped now, no more "not responding"-status
Yay...!
- online: a crash case fixed related to jeeps
FINALLY!
- online: a crash fixed related to server restart
Yay crash fixes! :D
- online: bot count compensation for the weaker faction; should make large coop more interesting and pvp with bots more even
Sweet, interesting combat! I'm in.
- online: mortar request in certain case could crash a client
Never happened to me so, yay?
- chat log: faction chat was leaking over to the other faction, duh
lol. I noticed this a bit.
- vehicles: collision detection bug fixes
Hooray!
- vehicles: toned down steering a little, sliding needs further work still
Hooray2!
- vehicles: spawn points added, each spawn point can uphold one vehicle
Sweet-sauce-tastic!
- vehicles: broken state added; once broken, will respawn after a while at the spawn point
Ooooh, vehicle health. Me likey.
- menu: whether vehicles spawn or not can be controlled from new game menu options
Yay! More options. :D :D :D
- ai: ai can handle entering vehicle a little better, also jumps out when leader leaves the vehicle
I hope this still means AI can drive me to the battle-zone..
- map3: some slight adjustments
Adjustments! :D

I'm off to London tomorrow, I'll be back on Friday 22nd. It might be about time for another organized big match -event some day soon, don't you guys think?
First off- maybe a London themed map? :3 And yeah, I LOVE organized maps! (GO SUMMER!)

Disclaimer: These are the thoughts of an average white American male teenager. Do not fret!

Proud to be a RwR forum moderator!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:34 am 

By the way- where are the jeep spawns?

Proud to be a RwR forum moderator!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:48 am 

*Fist pump*

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:19 pm 

pasik wrote:
pasik wrote:

This is done by adding "faction_index = 0;" or 1 in a base-object description. Which faction is 0 and which is 1 is randomized by default, but if you want to make 0 always green, locate the general -settings object in the materials layer, and add "randomize_faction_index = 0;" in the description.

Where do we do that?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:05 pm 
Site Admin

Jeff2307 wrote:
pasik wrote:

Where do we do that?

In inkscape, in file media\mapX\objects.svg, in the base layer, in a base object.