It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 51 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 114

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:53 pm 

ZnasVecKo wrote:
Hmm... What kind of map is this mysterious "map6" of which you speak? ;)

It will be a mysterious one, full of mystery and stuff. With added mystery.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:46 pm 

Is there any limit to how many custom skins you can have per faction?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:02 pm 
Site Admin

Lusketrollet wrote:
Is there any limit to how many custom skins you can have per faction?

Not that I know of.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:04 pm 

Could you add the ability to save colors to a palate?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:36 pm 

i would ask the same

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:05 pm 
Site Admin

The suggestion makes a lot of sense, but it won't be done :)

If your intent with a palette is that you could easily change certain colors without having to paint them one by one, you could do that by editing the model file directly with text editor. E.g. benelli_m4.xml has r="0" g="0" b="0" for every black voxel -- you could replace all black voxels with red by pressing CTRL-H in notepad with the file open, set that string to "find what" and set "replace with" to r="1" g="0" b="0".

You could also make a tool that extracts all the different colors in that XML into a list and shows what the color looks like, and allow the user to change that color to another with whatever color dialer you might think of, finally you'd press apply to make the tool do a similar thing you just did in notepad manually.

Hmm.. or just use sproxel?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:17 pm 

pasik wrote:
The suggestion makes a lot of sense, but it won't be done :)

If your intent with a palette is that you could easily change certain colors without having to paint them one by one, you could do that by editing the model file directly with text editor. E.g. benelli_m4.xml has r="0" g="0" b="0" for every black voxel -- you could replace all black voxels with red by pressing CTRL-H in notepad with the file open, set that string to "find what" and set "replace with" to r="1" g="0" b="0".

You could also make a tool that extracts all the different colors in that XML into a list and shows what the color looks like, and allow the user to change that color to another with whatever color dialer you might think of, finally you'd press apply to make the tool do a similar thing you just did in notepad manually.

Hmm.. or just use sproxel?

typical pasik, explains the difficult way and at end suggests simple tool, lol :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

I'm just offering a solution :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:16 am 

Something I noticed is that sproxel isn't able to create or edit animations (or if it is, someone point me towards the nearest instructions) so that's why I stick with this editor, the voxel editing is easy and straightforward, I can't complain but, would you please tell me the optimal way to overwrite the existing animation .xml files? I've encountered some errors while editing the animations.
Oh and also, can the weapon models have some rather big sizes? Like turning the knife into a sword? Or is there some sort of limit to the size?

I'd really appreciate if these questions were answered, this program isn't even finished but has lots of potential already.

(I really like how it mimics the game's pause/menu screen design, fancy!)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:36 am 

RetardedUsername wrote:
Something I noticed is that sproxel isn't able to create or edit animations (or if it is, someone point me towards the nearest instructions) so that's why I stick with this editor, the voxel editing is easy and straightforward, I can't complain but, would you please tell me the optimal way to overwrite the existing animation .xml files? I've encountered some errors while editing the animations.
Oh and also, can the weapon models have some rather big sizes? Like turning the knife into a sword? Or is there some sort of limit to the size?

I'd really appreciate if these questions were answered, this program isn't even finished but has lots of potential already.

(I really like how it mimics the game's pause/menu screen design, fancy!)

there is no limit how big the model can be but too big can be just too big. Like my browning which i made as my first voxel model. It was even bigger than the soldier XD.
Thats why you should just take example file where to start making the model to keep the weapon in 'fitting' to rwr

btw good luck with that animation creating. I would actually want to see what animations you can create

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next