It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 40

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:23 pm 

Is there a way to load the soldier from rwr into the voxel editor?

Post subject: Re: RWR Voxel Editor 0.1
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:46 am 

pasik wrote:
xorte-renshe wrote:
pasik wrote:
* Launching
    rwr_editor.exe [model XML file] [animation XML file]
    * When launching the editor, an OGRE dialog pops up: select the Rendering subsystem, there's only one choice. I'd also recommend using the tool in non-fullscreen mode. Click OK to run the editor.
    * If the editor is launched without command line parameters, the editing happens on a model file "new.xml". If such file doesn't exist, it will be created when the model is saved.

I'm rather new to this game and to voxel-based stuff in general. From this quoted bit above, I really haven't the foggiest how to actually open the xml files using the editor. (I'm used to programs having either a "file/open" feature or having the ability to open files that you drag and drop on them.) It also doesn't seem like the command prompt style of opening it is working. I put in the path for the moved soldier2.xml file (which for me is C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\"running with rifles"\modding\"Voxel editor"\rwr_editor\rwr_editor.exe soldier2.xml soldier_animations.xml), and the OGRE dialog comes up. However, I cant select anything. In fact, there's nothing to select. The rendering systems tab is blank, as well as the box under it.

So, how exactly do you correctly open a file in the Voxel Editor?

I'm excited to have this program - now if I could only figure out how to use it, haha.

Here are the steps I'd use, it's on Windows 7:

Unzip the zip, access the editor folder with Windows Explorer and select & copy the location on the address bar to the clipboard (Ctrl-C)

Open Start menu and type cmd (and press enter) to access Command prompt.

In Command prompt, type cd and paste the clipboard after it (right click on the screen, you may have to separately choose Paste in the context menu depending on your Command prompt settings), so that the line becomes "cd C:\location_to_the_editor_folder". Now comes the part where you call "rwr_editor.exe the_file_you_want_to_edit.xml".

If this is the first time you're launching the editor, the Ogre dialog seems completely blank, funnily enough. Now you need to click on the blank drop down box which says Rendering Subsystem on the left, this will reveal the Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem choice, select it.

Then the dialog will be filled, you'll probably want to set Full screen to No.

Now click ok to launch the editor, and there you are then.

Basically where I highlighted in red is were you would want to put soldier file's name.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:12 pm 

Okay, so i've edited many models and done many things with the editor but I've never been able to edit the animations. I've done the cmd command "rwr_editor.exe droid_general.xml (which is my model) soldier_animations.xml" but it acts like it is going to run but nothing appears. Is there some other command I'm supposed to be doing to edit the animations? -Lil_misfit

EDIT:
I found out you must press 2 to enable Animation mode.

EDIT 2: Now I have a question. How do I save my animations and use them once they are made?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:33 am 
Site Admin

Updated the editor to version 0.13. The main change should be that the animation comment, which is used as animation key in game, is now preserved when saving. It was actually done back in 2013 but just realized it was never released :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:38 am 
Site Admin

lil_misfit wrote:
EDIT 2: Now I have a question. How do I save my animations and use them once they are made?

Open the animations XML file in a text editor and you should see all the animations have a comment field:
Code:
<animation loop="0" end="1.140000" speed="0.650000" comment="reloading, m16a4">

(If the comments have disappeared, update the editor to 0.13)

If you're adding a new animation, you'd add that comment too and use it to give a unique key for the animation.

In a weapon file, you'd then refer to that animation using the key
Code:
<animation state_key="reload" animation_key="reloading, m16a4" />

You'll sometimes see the old index based way being used in weapon files which should be avoided, no need to count the animations if you can just use the key.
Code:
<animation key="recoil" ref="12" />

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:49 am 

Everytime I click ok on the Ogre3d window, the editor will open but with a black screen and a smaller window saying "Win32InputManager::Win32InputManager >> Not able to init DirectX8 input!". I tried opening it using the cmd (there's a youtube tutorial) but it still won't work. I'm sorry if my question is very noobish as I am new to this but please help. Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:32 am 

You need to Install DirectX, I believe.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:42 am 

The Soldier wrote:

I checked my computer and it said that I have DirectX11 installed, it still won't work though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:36 pm 

chartile wrote:
The Soldier wrote:

I checked my computer and it said that I have DirectX11 installed, it still won't work though.

It may want DirectX 8 or 9 instead of 11 - I had the same problem on my desktop. I just installed RWR from Steam and let Steam install DirectX for me from the first boot installs, and boom, it ran perfectly fine.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:42 am 
Site Admin

This is the one https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=34429

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next