It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 38 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 38

All times are UTC

Post subject: 1.32 released!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:45 pm 

Changelog for 1.32:

• translation: Russian language added - thanks to je_day, Y-crad, NeruoIvljulpass and Tadler for their contributions
  • maps: "Railroad Gap" map added to the singleplayer campaign (was only in invasion and dominance before)
  • maps: small fixes here and there
  • weapons: ChainSAW suppressed microgun-style very rare weapon added
  • weapons: HK MP7 secondary machinepistol rare weapon added
  • weapons: SCAR-SSR rare marksman rifle added
  • weapons: wrench item added in dominance mode only (for now), the user can use it to repair vehicles
  • weapons: XM-25 projectile can now be disarmed
  • weapons: Stoner LMG handling slightly modified, price raised and speed penalty slightly raised
  • weapons: APR rebalanced (kill chance, effective range and movement speed penalty raised)
  • weapons: AA-12 retrigger time decreased
  • weapons: Pepperdust rebalanced (ammo capacity raised from 8 to 15, projectiles from 8 to 10)
  • weapons: sawn-off shotgun reload time reduce by 20%
  • weapons: Steyr AUG rarity doubled and ammo increased from 30 to 42
  • items: 2 valuables added, one being a valuable "gold bar" item which is available in the armory (invasion only) to make higher RP-transfers easier
  • modding: minimum_squad_size_to_send_to_side_base_attack commander_ai parameter externalized where you can set the size of a squad which needs to be fulfilled to launch a random side base attack (default 4 men)
  • modding: side_base_attack_probability commander_ai parameter externalized where you can set the probability of a squad to attack a side-base instead of the commander target (default 0.05)
  • modding: added soldier AI parameters min_distance_to_throw_grenade, stab_range
  • modding: added faction awareness for projectile impact trigger for vehicle and character class impacts, e.g. faction_comparison="any" (default) or "equal" or "not_equal"
  • modding: externalized required friction value for tire squealing to happen, <sound key="squeal" min_friction="0.2" />
  • modding: added set_soundtrack XML command, with parameters enabled="0" or "1", and filename="my_soundtrack.wav"
  • modding: added support for weapon stab, making stab key use the equipped weapon instead of default knife; weapon spec parameter stab_enabled and stab_range, weapon spec animation state_key="stabbing", weapon spec sound keys "stab" and "stab_hit"
  • modding: added support for affecting vehicles with class 5 (close-range) weapons, weapon specification parameters affect_vehicles, affect_characters, range, damage
  • modding: added support for custom weapon sound effect with sound key "effect", triggered from animation control frame with key "effect"
  • modding: added support for experimental FOV, activates when starting the game with XML command start_game and supplying parameter fov="1"
  • fix: Beretta 93R despawn time doubled (was too short for a rare)
  • fix: Claymore not detonating but disappearing on character collision in final map II (Frozen Canyon) fixed
  • fix: equipped/backpack flare turning to Claymore when joining final map II (Frozen Canyon) fixed. It will now remain a flare but being inactive on that map

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:39 pm 

thanks for the incoming patch <3

looking forward to the new weapons

also the sawn off buff

Edit: btw i thought i noticed that the speed penalty was removed from vest type ii but I tested it out with Mr.Tea and its still there, edited my post, my eyes have been playing tricks on me lately

Last edited by Satirical on Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:53 pm 

Hooray!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:47 pm 

I updated the Wiki page in anticipation of the update:

http://runningwithrifles.gamepedia.com/ ... _equipment

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:14 pm 

Yay, a new update incoming.
I don't think just a ammo clip increase capacity for the Steyr AUG doesn't really justify a doubled rarity.

The ChainSAW probably won't be used for stealth since stealth is already really risky and it being very rare doesn't help either.

At least I finally won't have to worry about blowing up friendlies because of a bad XM25 shot :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:22 pm 

Enguard wrote:
The ChainSAW probably won't be used for stealth since stealth is already really risky and it being very rare doesn't help either

I suppose it is more for those times when you have a stealth group of players to secure eachother's weapons if they need to.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:26 pm 

Actually the chain saw is really good in stealth, as it can quickly counter a search swarm. though it is a stealth TEAM weapon like the suppressed benilli, aka do not use it in stealth if soloing. out side of stealth though is where the weapon shines.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:44 pm 

nice update as always.

weird see a chainsaw lol...

Carbide 500R White Edition | P5QL-PRO P43/ICH10 | Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3.73 Ghz | CNPS 9900 MAX Blue | XMS2 DHX 4x2 Gb @ 826 Mhz | GeForce GTX 750 TI @ 1420 Mhz 2 Gb GDDR5 @ 6300 Mhz | GameSurround Muse 5.1 | Caviar Black 2 Tb 7200 RPM

Post subject: Re: 1.32 released!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:41 pm 

No doubt, every update is like a jewel in the crown. :)
Just a note: I still think that APR needs a rebalancing as it's a "true" sniper rifle but it is weaker at some parameters(less ammunitions(in comparison with other snipers in the game) and short range) compared to SCAR which is only a designated marksman rifle. Plus, VSS should have at least the same sight range as SCAR but it's smaller at the moment.
I also would like to see implemented the warbrand's portable mortar from his misc_mod. ;)

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

Post subject: Re: 1.32 released!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:20 pm 

DIO wrote:
No doubt, every update is like a jewel in the crown. :)
Just a note: I still think that APR needs a rebalancing as it's a "true" sniper rifle but it is weaker at some parameters(less ammunitions(in comparison with other snipers in the game) and short range) compared to SCAR which is only a designated marksman rifle. Plus, VSS should have at least the same sight range as SCAR but it's smaller at the moment.
I also would like to see implemented the warbrand's portable mortar from his misc_mod. ;)

The VSS is already the best stealth weapon in the game and one of the most popular rares so buffing it sounds pretty crazy... Also the SCAR-SSR is more like Dragunov than it is like the VSS in all areas except its range profile. Far faster bullet velocity, lower fire rate than VSS, sniper-level accuracy etc.