RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 44 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 130

All times are UTC

Post subject: 1.23 released
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

Change log for version 1.23:

• ai: fixed AI only using the first suitable call regardless of having enough of XP/RP for others
  • weapons: very rare machinegun added: the MG-42
  • weapons: very rare high caliber sniper rifle added: the Lahti-L39
  • weapons: very rare sawn-off shotgun (secondary weapon) added
  • weapons: WB-II microgun slightly rebalanced (stronger)
  • weapons:Anti-tank Javelin despawn time raised from 45 to 90s (now similar to a rare weapon)
  • items: fixed EOD vest where a AI soldier barely spawned with a EOD vest, just the visual model (this time for real!)
  • dominance (pvp) mode: elite soldier models for players with ranks of General
  • dominance (pvp) mode: Frozen Canyon slightly rebalanced
  • maps: several fixes here and there
  • modding: mines and explosives now have a new parameter, by default: can_be_detected_by_driver="0"
  • misc: added sniper tag for the Dragunov SVD
  • misc: fixed camouflage suit not showing in dominance mode
  • misc: fixed an exploit where you could duplicate weapons
  • misc: reduced screen shakiness for C4 explosions

Post subject: Re: 1.23 released
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:36 pm 

A few brief comments:

pasik wrote:
[*] ai: fixed AI only using the first suitable call regardless of having enough of XP/RP for others
Didn't get that part - what is fixed actually: they'll use the first suitable call or they will not... :? Is that mean they'll use all possible calls from now on?

pasik wrote:
[*] weapons: very rare machinegun added: the MG-42
[*] weapons: very rare high caliber sniper rifle added: the Lahti-L39
[*] weapons: very rare sawn-off shotgun (secondary weapon) added
Well, the weapon's arsenal is growing but the stash's limit still remains the same.... :P
Seriously, I can't find much info for the sniper variant of Lahti-L39. Anyway, I only read that it cannot be used by single person due its weight(~ 50 kg) and length(~ 2,2 m).....
BTW I bet that MG-42 is The Soldier's model. ;)

pasik wrote:
[*] dominance (pvp) mode: elite soldier models for players with ranks of General
Thank you, Jack, for making me visible, even by blind people now :P

pasik wrote:
[*] misc: reduced screen shakiness for C4 explosions
I know one of you like the screen's shakiness during the arty :D, but the annoying part is that if you shooting while shaking, the aiming becomes much harder, even at close range..... :/

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

DIO wrote:
A few brief comments:

pasik wrote:
[*] ai: fixed AI only using the first suitable call regardless of having enough of XP/RP for others
Didn't get that part - what is fixed actually: they'll use the first suitable call or they will not... :? Is that mean they'll use all possible calls from now on?

Yup, they previously only used the first matching call, i.e. paratroopers 4x or single mortar strike. Now they might use also other reinforcement or mortar/artillery strikes depending on their XP/RP levels. They still won't use vehicle calls.

DIO wrote:
pasik wrote:
[*] misc: reduced screen shakiness for C4 explosions
I know one of you like the screen's shakiness during the arty :D, but the annoying part is that if you shooting while shaking, the aiming becomes much harder, even at close range..... :/

Isn't that the point? :) You should a) get killed or b) not be effective when somewhere near the strike zone.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:44 pm 

pasik wrote:
Isn't that the point? :) You should a) get killed or b) not be effective when somewhere near the strike zone.
Agree, but that's not equal for both sides as I couldn't kill easy any bot/s, but they can.... why so?

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

DIO wrote:
pasik wrote:
Agree, but that's not equal for both sides as I couldn't kill easy any bot/s, but they can.... why so?

Bots don't have screens.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:51 pm 

pasik wrote:
Bots don't have screens.
I appreciate the humor, but not the idea..... :/
Thx for the answers, Pasi, and for your time as well :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:59 pm 
Site Admin

DIO wrote:
pasik wrote:
Bots don't have screens.
I appreciate the humor, but not the idea..... :/
Thx for the answers, Pasi, and for your time as well :)

Being serious, it's just a missing feature; there's no existing way to give the AI an accuracy penalty due to heavy blasts happening nearby.

If it helps, you could consider that you as a player get certain advantages over the AI too, e.g. the AI doesn't see the gameplay from bird eye perspective but you do. I think that alone makes the players pretty far away in advantage.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:33 am 

pasik wrote:
........ If it helps, you could consider that you as a player get certain advantages over the AI too, e.g. the AI doesn't see the gameplay from bird eye perspective but you do. I think that alone makes the players pretty far away in advantage.
Well, I wouldn't go into some deep conversations over the matter but as you say "an advantage from the bird-eye perspective" let me share my observations. For some time now I notice a things that happening since the last few versions. Some examples:
    - the enemies perfectly know where you are, despite the fact you use a SILENT WEAPON! Just get a silent wep, go closer(or even not so) to some enemy, shoot and wait - as soon as you stop shooting he'll ran to your position as if you've used a LOUD wep - never happened before.
    - while in stealth - as soon as you are trying to use a sandbag, some/one of them immediately coming to your position, kinda "accidentally" or just throws a nade at you, then just ignoring you, no fire or something :)
    - same happens when you're waiting silently for a good time to climb/move or something - as soon as you start, some/one of them immediately coming to your position(during your climbing of course :) ).
    - feel they are using "aim bot", yes, I feel exactly that - vey often they coming form the corners by firing.... how the hell they know you're there..... :shock:
    - and a few others

So that I'd say that those advantages aren't the most valuable anymore, most important is to not get caught with pants down. :D
No complaints, really but this becomes annoying just because such behavior is inexplicable and odd.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:03 am 
Site Admin

DIO wrote:

Come on man, you know pretty well they don't see you through walls, they just run towards the approximate origin of sound :)

Stealth may be similarly half-implemented, but still the AI doesn't have a clue where you are if you're not in sight.

We did consider implementing it for players too that you wouldn't see anything beyond the character's FOV but going there all hope on stealth would've been lost. Would've fit another type of game, I'm sure.

It is of course always good to remind us that there are things that could be improved - there certainly are, last time I checked we had a list of 700 things we could do for RWR 2.0. We can certainly pull in a few extras from these! :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:18 am 

pasik wrote:
Come on man, you know pretty well they don't see you through walls, they just run towards the approximate origin of sound :)

-------------------

Stealth may be similarly half-implemented, but still the AI doesn't have a clue where you are if you're not in sight......
Exactly, just because I think, I know the game pretty well, so that am calling their behavior "inexplicable and odd"........ :roll: