RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 35 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 16

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: 1.2 released
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:46 pm 
Site Admin

Ramsoos wrote:
Did this fix the bug with one-handed primary weapons? Some modders have tried to make one-handed primaries, but primary weapons seem to ignore the setting in their files that allows this to happen.

I vaguely remember such issue being talked about but can't quite recollect what it was about specifically. I also remember taking a hunch based action to fix it or some other related issue, but can't really remember if it happened for 1.2 or some earlier version already.

In short, not sure.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:10 pm 

Quote:
I vaguely remember such issue being talked about but can't quite recollect what it was about specifically.

If you give the "carry_in_two_hands" variable to a primary weapon's ".weapon" file and set it to "0" (so that the primary is wielded in one hand,) nothing happens. The weapon is still held in two hands, but is broken and can't be used.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:19 pm 

Ramsoos wrote:
Did this fix the bug with one-handed primary weapons? Some modders have tried to make one-handed primaries, but primary weapons seem to ignore the setting in their files that allows this to happen.
I'm pretty sure there are no one-handed primary weapons....... so what do you mean?
Oh, sorry, missed "modders" ... :?
In this connection: seems the bug with "Eagle"when you're unable to shoot with eagle/any pistol in prone position isn't fixed. Actually you can shoot, but only at some time in very rare moments.
This bug appeared since the version when all the pistols became one-handed.
And sometimes if the character switches to the eagle/pistol it isn't visible at the first moment, so you need to switch again between weps.
-----------------------------

Also: I see you've made a change, so now if you disconnect while you're wounded the game count this action as a death.
That's ok, but how do I know where is the difference? eg. I was under fire, but I wasn't wounded nor even stunned and I just disconnected but the next time when I joined to some server I was dead!
What is the criterion by which the game start thinks you as a dead according to the situation around you?

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:49 pm 

I personally bugged JackMayol and pasik to fix the can't-fire-pistols-while-prone thing a while back.

And they fixed it, you can shoot while prone with the stealth pistols perfectly fine.

But noooo, JackMayol forgot to fix it for the Desert Eagle. :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:36 pm 

The ghillies look amazing but you made my modding efforts redundant D:

Still worth it! Good job guys.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:26 pm 

Ramsoos wrote:

Just tested it, and yup, it's been fixed. Rejoice! :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:54 pm 

DIO wrote:
Also: I see you've made a change, so now if you disconnect while you're wounded the game count this action as a death.
That's ok, but how do I know where is the difference? eg. I was under fire, but I wasn't wounded nor even stunned and I just disconnected but the next time when I joined to some server I was dead!
What is the criterion by which the game start thinks you as a dead according to the situation around you?

We implemented this because some stat-whores (cough, cough) were abusing it like crazy... ;)
Now it should work that way that if wounded or stunned when disconnecting, then you are killed by a dummy bullet, so items are dropped, death is counted, streaks break etc.
Else, it adds fake death in stats, which breaks streaks but shouldn't count as a death at least.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:49 am 

The Soldier wrote:
Ramsoos wrote:

Just tested it, and yup, it's been fixed. Rejoice! :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:05 pm 

JackMayol wrote:
We implemented this because some stat-whores (cough, cough) were abusing it like crazy... ;)
Yea, yea, we know because of why... 8-) ;)
Actually, this might be the right time(and the place) to say that for me the first year of playing was for mostly for exploring and entertainment, this is more dedicated to the tricks to any funny moments and mostly to doing something extraordinary, to reveal some new RWR sides, far beyond simply to hiding, running and shooting. Just to make some fun to break the routine... ;)

JackMayol wrote:
Now it should work that way that if wounded or stunned when disconnecting, then you are killed by a dummy bullet, so items are dropped, death is counted, streaks break etc.
Else, it adds fake death in stats, which breaks streaks but shouldn't count as a death at least.
On the matter - tested the system last night and during a several similar situations the result was not unequivocal. I can't see where is that tiny margin between being wounded/stunned and being under fire? As if the game does not makes a clear distinction between these two. So that I'd want to know more details about what is the borderline? Have you tested it by yourself?

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:29 pm 

being stunned or wounded are clear states. Being "under fire" means nothing as you are either wounded, stunned, "alive" or dead ;)