It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:51 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 48 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 153

All times are UTC

Post subject: Server list DoS attack
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:45 am 
Site Admin

The server hosting the server list was DoS attacked last night, and the provider had to take the server down. We're looking into options what to do about it and get the server back up again. Sorry!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

A similar thing happened yesterday when the Dominance event was starting, so we're moving the server list to another server now in hopes of improving the level of protection. It'll take some time for things to start working again for everyone, I'd expect max 24h, but seems some are already able to connect and play so it would seem the change wasn't a complete disaster!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:05 am 

The attacks happened again today. Every time we got kicked off a server we joined another one and that one was attacked too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:26 am 

Redacted wrote:
The attacks happened again today. Every time we got kicked off a server we joined another one and that one was attacked too.

I don't know enough about this type of thing to confirm tonights issues were "attacks" although I am not disagreeing; I really don't know enough about it.

But I can confirm that repeatedly every time we populated a server it seemed to crash. At first we played like normal but after a couple rounds is when it started. Much like the regular Reset periods, however unlike the Resets the Server Info would not update/refresh. This happened to us tonight in USA1, stayed off a bit. Rejoined later to the same server, we all populated it, then is crashed again. We migrated to USA2. At around 15-25 players it crashed again. Then some of us had already decided to rally on SAS Invasion1 if it happened, our server fallback point. Some players went to EU1 and it populated to about 15, SAS was about 6-8. EU1 apparently crashed out, and they all started joining us in SASInV. Then... SAs Invasion1 crashed... That was about it for me and a few others. We'd get about 15-20 minutes in the round before it crashed.

I don't know if the SAS servers are now hosted by the same Host that does all the rest, or if DocStone and the SAS Clan are still hosting them independently?

Any info on these subjects would be good, we can help get the word around.