It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:47 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 125

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: 1.1 released
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:05 pm 

a 83% transport truck shouldn't be destroyed by any rocket launcher, not even the M2 as it makes "only" 75% dmg (a RPG-7 62%).
With the new system, a heavy blast will go through more stages of vest than just one, no matter how big the explosion is. Being in a vehicle is the same, which imo is fine.
It can be frustrating but also lead to more care of the vehicles in combat.
An option could be that the blast damage is consumed by the vehicle health first and the rest by the characters (vest layers).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:35 pm 
Site Admin

Vests, rare weapons, i.e. elite equipment aren't to be wasted inside vehicles. Maybe the change encourages vest users to come out from hiding inside vehicles :o

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:38 pm 

yeah a tank driver shouldn't have a vest... the MG gunner should but the driver should never have a vest as it is a waste of RP mostly cause you normally die when the tank is destroyed vest or not.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:10 am 

JackMayol wrote:
a 83% transport truck shouldn't be destroyed by any rocket launcher, not even the M2 as it makes "only" 75% dmg (a RPG-7 62%).
It shouldn't, but it happened(actually more than once). Otherwise I would not posted so angrily. :twisted:

JackMayol wrote:
An option could be that the blast damage is consumed by the vehicle health first and the rest by the characters (vest layers).
Sound fair enough. I hope and I really believe you'll implement it next time.
------------------------------------------

pasik wrote:
Vests, rare weapons, i.e. elite equipment aren't to be wasted inside vehicles. Maybe the change encourages vest users to come out from hiding inside vehicles :o
Pasi, you aint be serious on this! :o It is not about hiding all the time, just the need of driving, maneuver and so on. If the player is armed with rare weapon/s is that does mean that he must walk and shoot only?! Or to be a driver/a crew if you're equipped with stock weapon/s only?!
------------------------------------------

warbrand2 wrote:
yeah a tank driver shouldn't have a vest... the MG gunner should but the driver should never have a vest as it is a waste of RP mostly cause you normally die when the tank is destroyed vest or not.
Ok then, in the future I'll always throw my vest before jump into any vehicle.... but it is not the real life(btw even there the tank crews do not always die) or if you want the game to be 1:1 to real life, add then jumping by buildings will cause death, being wounded for the second time will cause death, running across the the entire map will cause death by heart attack and some others. :P

It's clear, this is quite a drastic change - from just being stunned before to be instantly dead currently. In any case this change would affect only those players, who are care about their stats, 'cause there always will be some players for which no matter when, whether and how many times they will die.
ANyway, in the future you won't see me often to drive any vehicle with low health.
Also this system is very welcome for TK, just one rocket, you are dead, and he's happy, looting your stuff. ;)

PP
Sorry, but you have not commented yet:
- visualisation of Gray spreading over the map
- female minibosses with male voices

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:00 am 

DIO wrote:
Wel, well, 10 men in a truck at 83% health, with undamaged vest and a single RPG rocket :!: sent us all into hell, although there should not be RPG with such damage in the game. So cheers for the new vest damage system! The best new "addon" I've ever seen in the game.
May I ask why you decide that this change will make the game more playable? Do you really tried it before implement and if yes, then how you didn't saw this obviously unrealistic difference?!

How is a vest not protecting you from dying inside an exploding vehicle unrealistic?
I mean, it's a vest. Not a blast-suit...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:21 am 

DoomMetal wrote:
How is a vest not protecting you from dying inside an exploding vehicle unrealistic?
I mean, it's a vest. Not a blast-suit...
Doom, I said "unrealistic difference", not "unrealistic explosion" ;) Moreover, you should prefectly know what I mean. This exact damage system has been in use for years, so that I'm saying it's a drastic change.
Also about your example: it's quite normal that some features seems unrealistic in comparison to those in real life, but others are perfectly acceptable, is that correct? Like: jumping of the buildings in most cases will cause death in RL; being wounded repeatedly will probably cause death, since you are not immortal after all; running across the the entire map will cause death by heart attack, since you are not super hero with super suit; etc.
Speaking as a guy who play this game more often than usual and I sharing what is my feeling of this change.

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:26 am 

One think about the german translations.

The plural for Soldat is not Soldats, its Soldaten.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:01 am 

Wolfen wrote:

Hi, there are no "Soldats" in the german translation. You might have seen that in an online game as not everything there is translated, some chats come from the server which is default in English. So that you see some part in English, the other in German which could lead to confusion. We might fix that at some point that only local text is taken, e.g. German in your case.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:08 am 

JackMayol wrote:
Wolfen wrote:

Hi, there are no "Soldats" in the german translation. You might have seen that in an online game as not everything there is translated, some chats come from the server which is default in English. So that you see some part in English, the other in German which could lead to confusion. We might fix that at some point that only local text is taken, e.g. German in your case.

If you try to use the radio as a Soldat he sometimes say something like "Sie geben keine Funkgeräte an Soldats".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:52 pm 

DIO wrote:
Wel, well, 10 men in a truck at 83% health, with undamaged vest and a single RPG rocket :!: sent us all into hell, although there should not be RPG with such damage in the game........
Same happened again: spawn truck at 83%, I wore undamaged vest type III, a green elite with one single M72 LAW rocket destroyed the truck and I fell wounded...... :shock:
pls, don't tell me to calm down....... :twisted:

EDIT
And today: a RPG destroyed my jeep, but I survived, even my vest not been scratched...