RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 59 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 203

All times are UTC

Post subject: 1.1 released
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:15 pm 
Site Admin

Changelog for RWR 1.1:

general: DE/FR/ES translations added (launch the config tool to change the language)
general: loading screen hints added
weapons: fixed PSG-90 sniper rifle using the wrong visual model
weapons: few weapon models reworked
weapons: added secondary machine pistols (mini Uzi, Steyr TMP, AEK-919k)
weapons: added microgun rare weapon
items: added binoculars (will slightly increase the sight range)
items: added a vest Type I, it has one less layer of damage, which means it can absorb 1 bullet, the next one will put you in wounded state. It has a bigger movement penalty and is in dominance only
items: vest Type II has a slight movement decrease
items: added camouflage suits (no protection but gives the AI harder time to detect the wearer)
models: added 2 news miniboss (gray, brown) visual models
gameplay: fixed a bug where you could shoot through walls while being prone
gameplay: explosions now cause varying amounts of vest damage
maps: fixes here and there
dominance: Copehill down map (Final Map I) added in the dominance map rotator
invasion: it's Greycollars time in Official Invasion!
modding: online can now handle more than 128 animations

Big thanks to warbrand2, The_Soldier, MasterBlaster, Thrillseeker and Testpilot14 for contributions!

Post subject: Re: 1.1 released
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:31 pm 

Are players able to modify the loading screen hints for mods?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

Ramsoos wrote:
Are players able to modify the loading screen hints for mods?

Good question, and it might even work. An overlay might be able to have a file languages/en/intro.xml with the hints listed similar to media/packages/vanilla/languages/en/intro.xml.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:11 pm 

Quote:
Good question, and it might even work. An overlay might be able to have a file languages/en/intro.xml with the hints listed similar to media/packages/vanilla/languages/en/intro.xml.

I'll get to testing and report back in a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:16 am 

This indeed works.

To make custom loading hints for your mod, create a folder titled "languages," then in that make another folder called "en." Copy the intro.xml from the vanilla game, and drop it into the "en" folder. Then adjust the lines how ever you like.

Thanks Pasik!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:22 am 

First reviews:
  • playing as a gray on the official servers but all those gray "clouds/stains"(or whatever you might call it) showing where gray soldiers are spread over the map are almost invisible imposed upon the same gray color, even on the green/brown territory. Don't know what has been changed, but far as I remember there was no such problem in SP when I've played. This is kinda weird, because when we were Green, then the spreading of the Gray's was perfectly visible on the map.
  • about that new vest damage system: it feels kinda unfair/unrealistic to be killed instantly while you are in a vehicle that is blown up, although you wear undamaged vest. What is the difference then whether you are with or without a vest..... :?

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:52 am 

-There was tank drop available on the "mosque map" even the AA was not destroyed. After AA got blown, another tank drop appeared. We had green tank and gray tank drops. Bug or planned? If planned, tank icons/names should be different to know which is which.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:27 am 
Site Admin

Street Veteran wrote:
-There was tank drop available on the "mosque map" even the AA was not destroyed. After AA got blown, another tank drop appeared. We had green tank and gray tank drops. Bug or planned? If planned, tank icons/names should be different to know which is which.

A pretty good catch there, that must have been working incorrectly for quite a while now :) Looks like AA was never updated to work with the faction specific tanks so only Green tank gets disabled/enabled by it now. Gonna mark that down to be fixed for the next update.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:39 pm 

I killed my first female miniboss and until she was dying, she cried with a male voice..... :shock: :D so I wonder what was that - some kind of transsexuality, too much steroids or....... :roll:

Also I would want to hear what the devs would say about my comment above. Especially regarding the problem with the spreading of the Gray over the gray territory.

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:43 am 

Wel, well, 10 men in a truck at 83% health, with undamaged vest and a single RPG rocket :!: sent us all into hell, although there should not be RPG with such damage in the game. So cheers for the new vest damage system! The best new "addon" I've ever seen in the game.
May I ask why you decide that this change will make the game more playable? Do you really tried it before implement and if yes, then how you didn't saw this obviously unrealistic difference?!

The new motto for the game "If you want to survive as long as possible, then ignore the vests buying or covers usage, just NEVER DON'T DRIVE ANY VEHICLE CLOSE TO THE ENEMY"

A lot of things were improved, but I think, I see this is not one of them.....