It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:30 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 51 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 141

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:08 pm 

Opt_0 wrote:
Controlled Driving: Maybe when Driving the Tank a Movement Mod Control? Like Shift key maybe if not currently used for something by default? As the equivalent of crouch, walk, or sneak when on foot in games. Hold it to do smaller controlled shifts or movements in the Tank.

I think all tanks could benefit from being able to turn without having to use any kind of forward/backward movement, tbh. They're fiddly to move around in tight spaces otherwise, and it can, as you say, lead to them jumping around.

Thing is they still kinda handle like the other vehicles when... well, they're tanks. Maybe it's just me but other games have me expecting independent L/R rotation that doesn't flip if I reverse.

Opt_0 wrote:
When in the Turret: If the RMB isn't used directly for anything, use it to rotate Turret to target location Without firing. (Or am I an idiot and there is something for this?) There are some times when you want to set your turret a direction without firing it as you rotate 180^ or more. Just curious about this one. Or if there's some way to rate the turret without firing.

RMB is, by default, used to give orders if you're squad leader, so you can command the tank from the main gun seat. It's pretty handy for SP campaigns. You can hop in a vehicle or something and use it as a taxi after all the enemies are dead, manage movement and handle the tank's main gun more effectively than the occasionally mentally-challenged AI gunnery, etc.

I like the idea of a rotation key without firing though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:11 pm 

Arcalane wrote:
I think all tanks could benefit from being able to turn without having to use any kind of forward/backward movement, tbh. They're fiddly to move around in tight spaces otherwise, and it can, as you say, lead to them jumping around.

^I believe you can hold reverse and left/right to rotate on the spot. But I think you're right, it may be reversed. I don't think about it anymore, but it's not quite "intuitive".

Arcalane wrote:
Opt_0 wrote:
When in the Turret: If the RMB isn't used directly for anything, use it to rotate Turret to target location Without firing. (Or am I an idiot and there is something for this?) There are some times when you want to set your turret a direction without firing it as you rotate 180^ or more. Just curious about this one. Or if there's some way to rotate the turret without firing.

RMB is, by default, used to give orders if you're squad leader, so you can command the tank from the main gun seat. It's pretty handy for SP campaigns. You can hop in a vehicle or something and use it as a taxi after all the enemies are dead, manage movement and handle the tank's main gun more effectively than the occasionally mentally-challenged AI gunnery, etc.

I like the idea of a rotation key without firing though.

^Honestly I didn't remember all of the key layout. I know there is some RMB overlap with Squad Commands. I think I just rarely use the Turret Position. And I forget all the crossover Squad and Modifier Command buttons. It's more the idea than which button specifically to use. The main point was some way to Rotate the Turret when in the Turret Position independently of Firing while you do so.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:43 pm 

Now I'm sure - this new penalty system sucks a lot. :evil:Image It also doesn't work properly. More than hour since my penalty and I am still penalized :!: I think my penalty expired long time ago, but no :!: May I ask you - have you even try it before implementing?!?!
At the end of the the first map I killed one newbie, because he ran straight to take some cigs during my arty. Then the server was restarted and obviously after more than half an hour two other newcomers were killed due the similar reasons - THEY CAN'T OR DO NOT READ MY(OR ANY) WARNING MESSAGES. They run just like a headless chicken.

So, I advise the following:(as I already wrote above):
Quote:
So I'm not sure about the penalty by arty's. It happens quite often, especially if the people in the server are 20+. Also think that blocking all calls is not a best decision - better block the [b]ARTY CALLS ONLY and delete all penalties after some period with no TK(~10 min)[/b], since there is no big difference - if someone want to keep doing TK, he'll wait to finish the first penalty period and then he will continue the same.

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:30 pm 

Also my peanlty does not expire. Maybe i killed so many that i was sentenced to a lifetime.

Opt_0's idea of longer whistilng when the bombs are coming is good.
And also DIO's ideas too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:46 pm 

After watching lots of players and being danger-close to a few arty calls today, I can see the issue that will arise relating to truly unintentional team-kill. I really do think a longer lead-in time before the Arty hits would help. If it's done right it should naturally become a subliminal audio warning for players: see the shadows, hear the arty whistling in, move out. Plus if the caller is warning newer people may but 2+2 together a little more.

Although it is fair to say some tactics will have to change a bit when using the Arty, but it is hard to use in a friendly heavy area. Sometimes the arty strikes are a little off target.

And new guys accidently dropping grenades are going to have a tough time. Also since there are minor details, like not knowing to stand-up to throw a grenade over a low wall; it can sit on top and kill us all. I've seen that one happen a lot. But it's one of those points you just try to helpfully inform people of.

Maybe just try setting the default Team Kill to 5 instead of 3.
3 is easy in a small group from grenade, turret round, tow, xm25, etc. But 5 seems a bit harder, like they would have to be tightly packed or the "killer" would have to be making a committed effort to kill. Just a matter of finding the right side of the "truly accidental max" level of team-kills.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:31 pm 

My penalty doesn't expire too. So I let myself write a word or two what i think. In my opinion there should be different phases of penalties. Also it could be good when after 3 or more kills there will be vote when players can judge team killer or if someone kill you, you can forgive him. I use xm-25 a lot and i often can read "np" after my "sorry", because no one is perfect.
I thought about votes because there are players, who are well known as DIO or Street Veteran, and everyone know they aren't bad and guilty when arty kills someone.
And some words about phases, for example when you kill 3 guys you will have 10 min with no grenades and explosives, if you kill another 2 in 30, you have one our with no calls and grenades.
This was only example.

Thx for read and sorry for mistakes :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:54 pm 

I see nothing wrong with the penalty system as long as the expiration is fixed. If anything it serves as a nice reminder to be a bit more careful with explosives, even for accidental TKs. And lord knows some people need it. :roll:

If anything were to be changed about this I would suggest having a forgive option. Something like the TKed player typing "/forgive" and then that last TK does not count towards the penalty.

Also just typing "ARTY!" is hardly a warning. How are you supposed to react to that when you don't even know where it's coming? Also, in addition to including the location, giving the warning before you call it in is also a good idea.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:14 am 

Fun thing is that this feature was meant to be against trolls and assholes but now all the banned players are regular, experienced players. (maybe assholes too :D)
Have you ever seen newbie-troll-teamkiller use arty/mortar to execute their lust?

I prefer voting because it works also against the truck/tower destroyers.

Doom, at least I have some self-protection instincts if someone yells only "ARTY 8". Ill check the map quickly and try to see if the caller is nearby. If i cant see where he is or i dont have time to check because of battle, ill run back a little bit just in case.
Usually i try to describe where i have called the arty but sometimes it does not help because players just dont read the chat! After they have been run into arty few times i believe they start to understand that its not good idea to run area which has arty warning.

Anyway, this sytem does not stop purposeful assholers to asshole.

Vote for voting!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:25 pm 

penalty mode is now off on SASinvasion until further investigations.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:29 pm 

Is it possible to forgive existing penalties?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next