It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:56 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 64 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 212

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:12 pm 

Huh, ok. Needs to be careful.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:15 pm 

Street Veteran wrote:
Does penalty occur if I kill 3 friendlies with artillery?

Oh man, watch out Street. You may have to script some "hotkey commands" to call out Artillery Strikes, lol.

Last edited by Opt_0 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:37 pm 

There was a hotfix!? rwr_game.exe was updated after full update v0.99.2.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:19 pm 
Site Admin

LuKe wrote:
There was a hotfix!? rwr_game.exe was updated after full update v0.99.2.

There was! Fixed a client crash at a map end situation on server. Servers don't need to update because of it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:11 pm 

pasik wrote:
Up to server. I think default was 3 team kills to start penalty, 30 min penalty. When penalty hasn't started but tks have been done, one tk is forgiven each 15 minutes.
Well, after a big break out from the Invasion yesterday I "achieved my best result": 3TK at once(by arty) :mrgreen: , but NONE of the victims did not complained......... you might ask why?! Because I warned them all the 3 times(arty; arty; !!!!!). Only one of them said: "np, noob here".
So I'm not sure about the penalty by arty's. It happens quite often, especially if the people in the server are 20+. Also think that blocking all calls is not a best decision - better block the arty calls ONLY and delete all penalties after some period with no TK(~10 min), since there is no big difference - if someone want to keep doing TK he'll wait to finish the first penalty period and then he will continue the same.

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:31 pm 
Site Admin

For those who are interested, another hotfix just went in that fixes a bug in the previous hotfix causing problems in profile saving.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:59 pm 

DIO wrote:
pasik wrote:
Up to server. I think default was 3 team kills to start penalty, 30 min penalty. When penalty hasn't started but tks have been done, one tk is forgiven each 15 minutes.
Well, after a big break out from the Invasion yesterday I "achieved my best result": 3TK at once(by arty) :mrgreen: , but NONE of the victims did not complained......... you might ask why?! Because I warned them all the 3 times(arty; arty; !!!!!). Only one of them said: "np, noob here".
So I'm not sure about the penalty by arty's. It happens quite often, especially if the people in the server are 20+. Also think that blocking all calls is not a best decision - better block the arty calls ONLY and delete all penalties after some period with no TK(~10 min), since there is no big difference - if someone want to keep doing TK he'll wait to finish the first penalty period and then he will continue the same.

I personally think to fix this, a penalty should be assess on people who TK the same person multiple times.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:15 pm 

Still prefer the vote system.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:44 pm 

Arty and Mortar Strike accidental Team Kill possible solution:
Turn up the "Incoming" whistling sound and make the shadows a bit more pronounced. Maybe start the sounds and shadows a little earlier. It would also increase the nice ambient background sounds of the epic warfare. I don't know if it's possible to have it different for allies and enemies as far as what they'll see. (Such as more noticeable for Allied troops, but as noticeable at current levels for Enemy troops? But it's not really important.) Either way, it seems just the sound and shadows might be used to help notify troops that may be danger-close.

My Note on v.99.2 update regarding Green's Tank:
Green's Tank (Maybe all tanks? Don't know, no faction rotation on Invasion Servers. ;) ) I love the newer update to match the other vehicles. Very nice. But the Green's Tank Driving controls feel a little over sensitive. Mostly noticeable on trying to do fine maneuvers. There were a number of times in one map in close quarters that I almost crushed bunch of players simply by very lightly tapping movement keys. Handles really nice at high speed, but small controls feel overly wild and bit unruly. Or was that the intent? Having it a little quicker on the move and nimble over-all is good. But it feels "squirrely" when you're trying to do fine movements.

Controlled Driving: Maybe when Driving the Tank a Movement Mod Control? Like Shift key maybe if not currently used for something by default? As the equivalent of crouch, walk, or sneak when on foot in games. Hold it to do smaller controlled shifts or movements in the Tank.

When in the Turret: If the RMB isn't used directly for anything, use it to rotate Turret to target location Without firing. (Or am I an idiot and there is something for this?) There are some times when you want to set your turret a direction without firing it as you rotate 180^ or more. Just curious about this one. Or if there's some way to rate the turret without firing.

I know the games almost done, sorry for making "suggestions" at this point. But you... love the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:42 pm 

Opt_0 wrote:
When in the Turret: If the RMB isn't used directly for anything, use it to rotate Turret to target location Without firing. (Or am I an idiot and there is something for this?) There are some times when you want to set your turret a direction without firing it as you rotate 180^ or more. Just curious about this one. Or if there's some way to rate the turret without firing.

hmm I like this, for example pressing crouch+RMB would deny shooting but point in that direction. Gonna write that down.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next