It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:47 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 68

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:43 pm 

the existing penalties shouldn't have any effect anymore. So you mean that you are still penalized?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:52 pm 

Yes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:04 am 

Okay I just got the penalty too. I accidently hit the arty key when I was dropping multiple Paras. There were only a few of us on and we were all working together. I barely had time to warn and no one had time to move. Since it was the 3 other guys playing... I got penalized. And I'm now afraid it'll get stuck.

Also I know a new guy I have been playing with, who is learning, and accidently killed some people with a dropped grenade earlier last night. It was before we started playing last night, we played for a couple hours, and then was just playing with him tonight again and he still has the same penalty in place for that initial mistake. And that was just a few minutes ago, so he's had it for hours or over a day now.

I really did slip and hit the key, so I may need to reassign the Arty Hotkeys to keep them away from others.
But the arty really could use some more pronounced and longer lead-in time.
The player kill limit may need to be set higher. 3 is easy. Also the dedicated team killers did seem to do a lot more over a period than 3 all at once. Of course it does discourage reprisal kills from mad people.
The suggested forgive option might be nice but sound like it may be potentially complex to put in.
A vote may be good instead, but I could see how that can be abused by dominant player groups online in public servers.

I just want to make sure that the penalty wears off when it's supposed too. Not being able to help in any other way than shooting is a bummer. I couldn't even drive the Patrol Boat for a guy. But thankfully I can still get shot in the face real well! Thanks guys for listening to us. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:57 am 

Just played for a couple more hours after server reset. Penalty still active.
It's a good idea, even some new guys that were asking about it, get it. Just needs to be tweaked.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:08 am 

The penalty system is needed, but the criteria and some of the penalties must be changed, because there is no sense/reason that you can not use vehicles even as a passenger/or you can't call paratroopers/sandbags when you're penalized for TK.

Also "the forgive" option sound good, but what would stop some teamkiller to abuse with it?

To reduce accidental arty's teamkilling I suggest - just add an indicator, showing roughly the area where the arty will fall.

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:50 pm 

^ Yeah, I get the obvious limitations on the easiest ways to TeamKill: Arty, Grenades, explosives. But yes not being able to call paras or move Vehicles for people is REALLY a bummer. I immediately became far less of a resource on the field.

I understand no access to vehicles as you could use the turret to kill, or run people over if driving. And I don't Know if the restriction can be limited to just NO Turrets regarding vehicles... and I hate to say it, but maybe just greatly or completely reduce the ability to run Players over. Ai is fine with the -xp and rp penalty, some reason not to kill your own AI is good. But if we can't run each other over then you could still driver but be restricted.

I guess it's a matter of if it's possible or easily to separate some aspects of the Penalty from others. Or have it grow progressively more restrictive. I feels like, at the current settings, it's far too easy to lose ALL extra resources for a minor mistake ALL at once.

I think we've, I have, been trying to make sure the New Players and community at large playing know it's a "New System" and that we're all "testing" it actively as we play (fng and vets alike). Most people get it, although there are already a few new guys penalized by accident. And the fact that it's gotten stuck "On" has made it a peculiar situation. We had a map last night with about 5-6 people and I think we all had the penalty, lol. Slow slow battle.

(also not being able to ride along in a vehicle as a passenger is also a REAL bummer.)