RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 50 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 171

All times are UTC

Post subject: Beta 0.99 changelog
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:11 am 
Site Admin

Beta 0.99 is now available in Steam, here's the change log:

vehicles: faction specific jeeps, apcs and tanks added - huge special thanks to harrified for the two new tank models!
vehicles: added vehicle parameter designated_squad_as_driver_only, defaults to 1
ai: basic support for designated combat vehicle protector; uses normal combat driving logic vs the fleeing logic
maps: general fixes here and there
maps: final mission 2 map added for campaign, not for online invasion
sounds: promotion and achievement sounds added
achievements: updated tracking to include new vehicles
effects: tweaked how surface effect is saved/loaded in regards to loading screen alt-tabbing in fullscreen and default matches
campaign: '-character with campaign savegames no longer fail
campaign: if game is saved & quit after having lost a map, the match is now restarted when continuing
campaign: final mission extraction marker tweaked
input: being in vehicle without firing possibility no longer shows line of sight or aim helper, same for being weaponless
input: mouse sensitivity range increased
input: fixed not being able to shoot sometimes after dying with inventory open
hud: items on ground are no longer inspected when in vehicle, water, not ground, or dead
hotkeys: more hotkey slots added
Steam: join game issue fixed
Linux: changed a bit how the scripting component connects to RWR, making it more similar to Windows; should work better with closing itself if the game process ends abruptly
modding: added xml command to set soldier objective and move target
modding: character experience_blasts_multiplied to cause blast damage times blast results against characters
modding: push value added for blasts, defaults to same as damage
modding: added vehicle parameter allow_character_leave_request to deny pulling out soldiers from specific vehicles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:24 pm 

OH GOD, I'm extemely pumped. :D New vehicle models!

Post subject: Re: Beta 0.99 changelog
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:27 pm 
Site Admin

Alright, it's out! Let me know if anything seems wrong, plenty of changes again this time and especially the new addition of Mac support.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:47 pm 

Thanks for the modding section :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:30 pm 

Umm... Fun fact! I wanted to suggest Faction Specific Vehicles since... Umm... Since update in which we got proper Faction Specific Weapons! Never did that. Why? I thought - no way they will want to do such troublesome stuff! Hahahaha :D I am GREATLY surprised! Really GREATLY! :D Now, please... Add some uniforms to put on our soldiers at our wish ^^

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:34 pm 

Modest wrote:
Umm... Fun fact! I wanted to suggest Faction Specific Vehicles since... Umm... Since update in which we got proper Faction Specific Weapons! Never did that. Why? I thought - no way they will want to do such troublesome stuff! Hahahaha :D I am GREATLY surprised! Really GREATLY! :D Now, please... Add some uniforms to put on our soldiers at our wish ^^

I do agree, that would be really cool. I do have a version of that idea in my mod. There are different suits u can wear and respawn with.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:42 pm 
Site Admin

Testpilot14 wrote:
Modest wrote:

I do agree, that would be really cool. I do have a version of that idea in my mod. There are different suits u can wear and respawn with.

That is pretty much how it is set up in the basic deathmatch mode, too. You've got a bunch of uniforms (Green, Grey, Brown, Rambo and Deer-man(?)) available in the armory for 0 RP price, they occupy the vest slot, and have no other effect but changing appearance. You don't drop it when killed, and you respawn with it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:01 pm 

pasik wrote:
That is pretty much how it is set up in the basic deathmatch mode, too. You've got a bunch of uniforms (Green, Grey, Brown, Rambo and Deer-man(?)) available in the armory for 0 RP price, they occupy the vest slot, and have no other effect but changing appearance. You don't drop it when killed, and you respawn with it.

Yea! It would be cool to have those also on invasion. But it would be better to have not only Rambo but also Brown Elite and Grey Elite uniforms aviliable ^^ Maybe apart of Deer-man, which is simply silly.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:25 pm 

What is this "F" floating on the screen? No idea how I made it happen but after 0.99 I see it sometimes. Opening inventory makes it disappear.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

Street Veteran wrote:
What is this "F" floating on the screen? No idea how I made it happen but after 0.99 I see it sometimes. Opening inventory makes it disappear.

I noticed one too: that time it seemed to happen by having items at the bottom of a ladder, then climbing up. I hadn't played with key helpers enabled in a long while.

It's probably related to "hud: items on ground are no longer inspected when in vehicle, water, not ground, or dead". I'm guessing while it doesn't inspect the items in those states, it also doesn't clean up a possibly existing helper.