It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:55 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 43 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 62

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:35 am 
Site Admin

The Mac port demo is now on Steam for some early testing at http://store.steampowered.com/app/270150

Despite the odd wording, "Download PC Demo" should also work for Macs Follow the Download Mac Demo button on the right hand side to begin download & installation.

Feel free to drop me a line on this thread how the demo is behaving in your system.

I've personally tried it with Mac OSX Mavericks 10.9.5 on Mac mini (late 2012) with Intel HD4000, 720p fullscreen, no antialias, yes shadows and post processing, seems to be running a steady 30fps (can be checked by adding debugmode in launch options and pressing F9 in-game (I know, I know, should've made that more straightforward by now :D)). In fact, it's so steady I'm thinking it's being clamped by something, and it seemed to happen regardless of vsync on/off. Needs more investigation. Keyboard and mouse felt pretty much normal to me.

Another system it has been tried was Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.1 on Mac mini (late 2009), the tester fellow said the framerates were pretty poor, but turning down postprocessing helped significantly. I was told there was some noticeable input lag with keyboard controls.

A known issue is with the Configure tool not receiving focus when it's starting, but you can see it start on the dock, just click on the icon to make it pop up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:28 pm 

Download PC demo option not working on my mac. Keeps saying it's not available for my platform.

Macbook Pro
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Software OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

Well, that sort of explains the weird wording. I had a demo beta key on my Mac test account, which is why it worked anyway, probably.

Ok, now Steam store says Download Mac demo, found the right switch.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:01 pm 

Still says not available for your platform

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

I created a brand new test account and there the download was ok, hm. I guess it still leaves the chance that the beta key I activated is somehow machine specific rather than account specific.

EDIT: Note that these beta keys are not needed after all!

I've got a few spare beta demo keys here, you can try activating one of them if it makes a difference
J96DY-L4H4C-QQT02
4AA00-KFZ62-VD7C6
L4R0W-000M8-2M8K2
BEGWL-F7ZAN-J7J4P
V40IB-B782R-VYWA0
CG3PH-WEQZC-BIKJ6

If it still doesn't download then I'm confused as hell. If it downloads then I suppose a key is required until the full Mac version goes out, which kinda sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:13 pm 

Stupid me. I already had the game installed so that's why it didn't let me. Made new account and it works

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:30 am 

Works flawlessly. Had to turn off post processing to fix the framerate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:22 pm 

I attempt to install the demo and I get the message:

"Steam - Game Unavailable. RUNNING WITH RIFLES is not available on your platform."

I'm not sure what is meant by "create a new account". Does that mean a different Steam account? I'm confused why a separate steam account would be necessary just to try the demo.

I'm really excited about a Mac version.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

TheLocehiliosan wrote:
I attempt to install the demo and I get the message:

"Steam - Game Unavailable. RUNNING WITH RIFLES is not available on your platform."

I'm not sure what is meant by "create a new account". Does that mean a different Steam account? I'm confused why a separate steam account would be necessary just to try the demo.

I'm really excited about a Mac version.

Creating a new account refers to a different Steam account, yes. Basically, you shouldn't need to create a new account to play the demo, however, if you already own the full version of RWR, Steam won't let you play the demo. It kinda makes sense but Steam also assumes the demo platforms match with the full game platforms, and right now they don't with RWR as we haven't published the full version for Mac yet.

If you don't own the full version, then it's indeed odd that the demo download wouldn't work for you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:13 am 

So I downloaded the Mac demo and when launching it from Steam it gives me two selections before launching; Play RUNNING WITH RIFLES Demo, and Configure. I select Play but it bounces on the dock and crashes. Selecting configure yields the same result, a dock bounce and a immediate crash.

Here are my specs:

Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD 3000
Software OS X Lion 10.7.5

Running it via the console gives an error:

Illegal instruction: 4

I'm guessing that RUNNING WITH RIFLES Demo doesn't support OS X under Mavericks..... Hope you get this fixed, as a lot of Mac users still run Lion and Snow Leopard!!