It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 47 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 139

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

SVTiareTom wrote:
So I downloaded the Mac demo and when launching it from Steam it gives me two selections before launching; Play RUNNING WITH RIFLES Demo, and Configure. I select Play but it bounces on the dock and crashes. Selecting configure yields the same result, a dock bounce and a immediate crash.

Here are my specs:

Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD 3000
Software OS X Lion 10.7.5

Running it via the console gives an error:

Illegal instruction: 4

I'm guessing that RUNNING WITH RIFLES Demo doesn't support OS X under Mavericks..... Hope you get this fixed, as a lot of Mac users still run Lion and Snow Leopard!!

I'm a complete noob when it comes to getting code built on Mac, so it appears the builds I've done are targeted for Mavericks which I happen to have installed on my Mac mini. Lucky I didn't upgrade to Yosemite yet although it keeps nagging me to go for it.

I'll dig around to get some older SDKs downloaded and try to get RWR built using those.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:34 am 

pasik wrote:
I'm a complete noob when it comes to getting code built on Mac, so it appears the builds I've done are targeted for Mavericks which I happen to have installed on my Mac mini. Lucky I didn't upgrade to Yosemite yet although it keeps nagging me to go for it.

I'll dig around to get some older SDKs downloaded and try to get RWR built using those.

Sweet!
Hope you can get it running for the older OS X users! I'll be happy to test builds that run on OS X Lion, as I've got two MacBooks with very different hardware.

The other MacBook has an Intel GMA x3100 and it ran the windows demo version through wineskin.
When I say ran, it rendered everything at about 15 frames before crashing (something to do with ragdolls) XD
Anyway native Mac ports tends to run about 200x faster than wineskin so I hope you can get it across to the older OS's!

Keep up the work!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:41 pm 

I created a new steam id so I could install the demo. That worked. I have had only a little time to try it so far, but right away there's strange issues running in windowed mode. If I try to move the window, the second I click on the top bar of the window, the game steals the mouse and it stops moving. This makes it impossible to reposition the window.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:26 am 
Site Admin

TheLocehiliosan wrote:
I created a new steam id so I could install the demo. That worked. I have had only a little time to try it so far, but right away there's strange issues running in windowed mode. If I try to move the window, the second I click on the top bar of the window, the game steals the mouse and it stops moving. This makes it impossible to reposition the window.

Yeah, there are indeed those issues and others with windowed mode. I had one with the mouse being unable to move until I clicked the first time having the window on foreground, but that click also instantly registered as click inside the game menu, causing Quit to be pressed as the mouse centers initially and then happens to sit on top of Quit button. It's possible to workaround it by pressing Esc first to close the menu, but regardless pretty odd behavior. I'm currently having a feeling Steam actually protects from that somehow so that it only happens when launching RWR outside Steam, need to re-check that one too when improving the Mac windowed mode.