test

Game servers 43 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 54

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Beta 0.98.4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:03 am 
Site Admin

Opt_0 wrote:
pasik wrote:
Also someone was saying the configs might be going off-sync between a client and the server. That case had huge XP as well so it could be related to that instead.

I think it might be this. I was noticing today some strange sync issues in SASInvasion. Like random deaths, issues with vss not registering hits right. And I know at one point the server seemed to lock up on when it was supposed to load into the "Final Map". But I did notice AI Followers more frequently.

Those things wouldn't be connected tho, the offsync with configs would be another thing.

I found one potential issue yesterday where the server might be reverting to Default config each time you respawn but client would not. I didn't verify it if that's the case. I think one could test it by changing the presumably offsync config on the client to Default, getting killed to respawn, and now the configs should be again in sync so changing it would change it to the same config on both sides. Same issue would apply on the next respawn again, unless you go back to Default before dying / while dead (not sure if you can change it while dead).

This would also imply that one of the config settings you've got set on the client side is the real Stealth config on server side so one of them should drop all bots out from your squad (bots with stealth tagged weapons are extremely rare) if this indeed is the core issue.

Post subject: Re: Beta 0.98.4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:53 pm 

Sry for late reply, but I read the topic just now.
With reference to squad configuration commands: a couple of weeks ago I already mentioned about this as I called "yet unconfirmed issue": viewtopic.php?p=10955#p10955 & viewtopic.php?p=10972#p10972

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.