It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:45 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 63

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:20 pm 

Cosme IV wrote:
I can't believe it, with just 600 soldiers the big battles were too overwhelmingly big for me to understand what was going on and if I was already dead, when in 0.30 the battles with 1000 soldiers only had small 7 VS 7 skirmishes.
The frontlines were also changing too, as soon as we were moving from the south to successfully take the center, what we had in the northeast and the east was blown through by enemy forces, this whole thing is awesome.

Yeah, I was playing 600 and there was regularly groups of 30 soldiers making movements.

It. Was. AWESOME.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:14 pm 

You don't need to have 600 soldiers for that, 400 are more than enough to drive you into huge batles.
Like i said in my 1st post in this topic

With 400 soldiers, AI accuracy at +1, 1 base(airport) and rank 0 I can't withstand the 1st attack, their attack party was easily 30-40 soldiers, i had to run away and take the hotel alone and now I'm beeing forced to conquer another base because the same attack team just walked a few steps more over there before I had any chance to get a few buddies to spawn. I'm thinking about taking the academy. Still I have to reload the save alot of times to have been able to do this XD
That's my favourite save file :D

btw

Where did the savegames folder go? I have a save that i wanted to erase :(
and also, will there be a way to name save files someday? :)

Look behind you. What I'm not there? I see... then look forward. Still not there? ...On the sides? Up and down? ...Where the heck am I? ... Oh wait! Yeah! I'm the one that's trying to find me ._. That's rather silly isn't it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:25 pm 

If with 600 it's already such a thing, I wonder what it could be with 1000 soldiers.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

SJCRPV wrote:
You don't need to have 600 soldiers for that, 400 are more than enough to drive you into huge batles.
Like i said in my 1st post in this topic

With 400 soldiers, AI accuracy at +1, 1 base(airport) and rank 0 I can't withstand the 1st attack, their attack party was easily 30-40 soldiers, i had to run away and take the hotel alone and now I'm beeing forced to conquer another base because the same attack team just walked a few steps more over there before I had any chance to get a few buddies to spawn. I'm thinking about taking the academy. Still I have to reload the save alot of times to have been able to do this XD
That's my favourite save file :D

btw

Where did the savegames folder go? I have a save that i wanted to erase :(
and also, will there be a way to name save files someday? :)

The new location for application writable data is Windows version and language specific. In Windows 7 it's at something like "C:\Users\All Users\Running with rifles", that's what it is on my system. You can find it by accessing "%systemdrive%\ProgramData\Running with rifles" on all Windows versions, I think.

Yeah.. the savegame management is something I've been intending to do for a while now. I anyway got the text input UI control done for username/ip/port settings, might as well take it into use in savegame menu also. Thanks for reminding me! :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:27 pm 

Cosme IV wrote:
If with 600 it's already such a thing, I wonder what it could be with 1000 soldiers.

I tried it, the attack parties don't so much grow as the border defense forces do. Where it once was 1 or 2 guys in a grid square, now it's 4 or 5. The little border skirmishes are frequently ~15 guys from each team.

However, with a thousand I have had a couple of 60-70 man squads attack bases.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:07 am 

I started a game with a maximum of 1000 soldiers, an even split of the bases, and took a screenshot of the map. By my count, there were 318 soldiers on my side. Did I get less because I have a crappy computer that can't handle the full 1000? And would it be 1000 for each side, or 1000 total?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:08 am 
Site Admin

Matt_S wrote:
I started a game with a maximum of 1000 soldiers, an even split of the bases, and took a screenshot of the map. By my count, there were 318 soldiers on my side. Did I get less because I have a crappy computer that can't handle the full 1000? And would it be 1000 for each side, or 1000 total?

Nope, 1000 soldiers means max 500 vs 500 if you have absolutely the same amount of bases. Getting an even amount of bases with the current map is impossible as there are 13 bases. Also, "even" doesn't mean absolutely even necessarily, the map is just split with a random line in the middle, so bases on other side of line end up to one faction. The very start of the game also has a factor of 75%, which would make it 375 soldiers for each faction for the beginning, in an ideal case.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:30 pm 

pasik, about the 10k exp; is it possible in the future to make the experience just go up without jumping down to 9990 and then you have 9 soldiers again in the squad :)) ?
i just thought, if you are going to make match statistics in the future, i think in the "tab" you will see the most experienced gained from squad or soldier and so on....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:52 am 

I've been playing the alpha 0.3 for a while, and I must say that 0.351 a lot better. congratulations for the release.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:11 am 

I can't run the game with Windows 7.
Says I'm missing directx 9, I use directx 11... Any chance of a fix?