It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:47 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 52 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 154

All times are UTC

Post subject: Beta 0.93.2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:01 pm 
Site Admin

It's time for another minor update before Steam & 0.94, here comes the change log:

gameplay: call menu can no longer be brought up when in water or in prone; it didn't work anyway
gameplay: radio call request now effectively happens at end of call - it's possible to deny the call by taking out the caller before it's done
mapview: map visuals are now preloaded at game start, avoiding short stall on first time bringing up the map view
characters: model doesn't switch anymore when changing weapon, if resulting model group is same as previously
characters: automatic dialogue support added: in-vehicle, wilderness, defense and complete map modes added
general: commander comments exposed
campaign: resuming from completed map now activates the extraction points
general: preliminary deathmatch gamemode added: single faction, friendly fire on, team kills counted as score, some uniform vests available at armory, no spawning near anyone
general: RP rewards multiplier issues fixed
scripting: faction comms status switch added
scripting: faction respawn lock switch added
online: max_players server setting added
mapview: stashes are now always shown, regardless if local player faction holds the area or not
modding: no_simulation now theoretically works online, server and clients need to have it enabled
weapons: fixed a bug with secondary weapons running out resulting in switch to primary and then switch back to secondary
general: team elimination gamemode added
maps: no-ai PvP map provided by evoFLAMB & JackMayol, only available for team elimination gamemode by default
online: joining a server in unspawnable state works better now; player spawns as dead soldier, thus being able to chat, see scoreboard, try respawning and so on
vehicles: collision logic tweaked

Post subject: Re: Beta 0.93.2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:17 pm 

Hey, nice update, but here are a few things I would like to mention:

Quote:
gameplay: call menu can no longer be brought up when in water or in prone; it didn't work anyway
...but you can still access it while driving a vehicle (although using a call does not work).

Quote:
maps: no-ai PvP map provided by evoFLAMB & JackMayol, only available for team elimination gamemode by default
I 've played pvp1 (neat little map) on a server, but how can I set it up by myself (because it's not listed with all the other maps)?
There's also a nasty chat bug on this map: When the round ends during writing a message, the speech bubble will turn invincible, but it still exists -> I can still write (without seeing it) and I have to press enter to be able to move again.

Also, when I move my mouse over a map name while setting up a quick match it says that I can "use mouse scroll to zoom in map". However, by doing so nothing happens.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

Tummerhore wrote:
Hey, nice update, but here are a few things I would like to mention:

Quote:
...but you can still access it while driving a vehicle (although using a call does not work).

Quote:
I 've played pvp1 (neat little map) on a server, but how can I set it up by myself (because it's not listed with all the other maps)?
There's also a nasty chat bug on this map: When the round ends during writing a message, the speech bubble will turn invincible, but it still exists -> I can still write (without seeing it) and I have to press enter to be able to move again.

Also, when I move my mouse over a map name while setting up a quick match it says that I can "use mouse scroll to zoom in map". However, by doing so nothing happens.

Thanks for the bug comments, will add those to the todo list.

You can play pvp1 by
1) hosting your own dedicated server and running team elimination gamemode script
2) setting up RWR for named pipes (assuming you play on Windows, on Linux it just works) and externally running the gamemode script.

The gamemode script launching support in the game menu is still rather limited, being used only in campaign.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:32 pm 

Campaign gets stuck on El-Tabul. I can't use any of the 4 extraction points. he one in the top right in El-Tabul only says something along the lines of "it's been quiet here", but there is no map name or occupying faction name. It then says 'Extraction in 3 seconds', but nothing happens.

I've tried it twice now.

Also I noted that if you switch from El-Tabul to another map and then back to El-Tabul, it will state that you hold 8 bases before Extracting you. Once you arrive, however, the map has been reset.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:28 pm 

the top right extraction point goes to a map that doesn't exist yet, that's why it's not working (just look at the world map and you will see the map-map with the "?")

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:17 pm 

I suggest making it easier to see which extraction point leads where.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:47 am 
Site Admin

Visionhunter wrote:
I suggest making it easier to see which extraction point leads where.

From another thread:

pasik wrote:
Something to report that new extraction points have been made available? Yup, that's in the list. Visualizing and informing it better where the point will take you? That too.

Requiring player to separately confirm whether he wants to use the extraction point which he just ran into by steering exactly into that small circle? No.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:02 am 
Site Admin

Visionhunter wrote:
Campaign gets stuck on El-Tabul. I can't use any of the 4 extraction points. he one in the top right in El-Tabul only says something along the lines of "it's been quiet here", but there is no map name or occupying faction name. It then says 'Extraction in 3 seconds', but nothing happens.

I've tried it twice now.

Also I noted that if you switch from El-Tabul to another map and then back to El-Tabul, it will state that you hold 8 bases before Extracting you. Once you arrive, however, the map has been reset.

Not sure what's going on there. I had completed Al Tabul a while ago and yesterday loaded it and I was able to use the extraction points, at least Sainte Anne where I was heading.

I'll try to travel back to Al Tabul from Sainte Anne today to see if it resets.