Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 39

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Beta 0.93.1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:06 pm 
Site Admin

pasik wrote:
firearrows wrote:
Ewetcr wrote:
There's a small issue wth visuals, characters behind walls and buildings appear liek this
http://imgur.com/hWewCPW

This didn't happen at the build we played at the gather.

---
Edit: this is weird: it only happens when i use the laptop monitor, not when using an external one.

Yes, that's the issue I've had. It's weird, on 0.93 it didn't look like this though.

That's a bug, it certainly shouldn't look like that and doesn't here. A change was made in the character rendering in preparation for some smoke/fog effects, need to revise that.

firearrows, Ewetcr, can one of you try http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/data1.pak, copy it in your RWR installation folder and there under media folder overwriting the old file; doesn't hurt to take that backup first. Does it have an effect on the rendering issue?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:41 am 

There's still the issue after replacing the file. The weapon appears properly, only the body looks strange.
But, as stated at my first post, it does not happen on my bigger screen -1920 x 1080-, only in the laptop one -1366 x 768-.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:45 pm 

Yeah, unfortunately I still see the issue too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:29 pm 
Site Admin

Yah. Was hoping it would be something only NVIDIA does, but it works fine on my laptop too.

I guess that means no smoke grenades then.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:08 pm 

Pasi, when you custom your campaign it shows the RP bonus that you can choose, i maxed the bar :); you receive the right amount RP(lets say(multiplied) X5) by capturing base or spotting anything, but when you calling through the radio some mortar or whatever it drains the same X5 points you earned :)
if you have 100 RP you can call the 1st strike, if you have lets say 500 RP it depletes all RP because it supouse to be X5 and the same thing with armory, when you have 40 RP you can buy that VEST but if you have 200 or less it will deplete all of it :)
is it supouse to be like this? i dont care much just wondering if it was planned :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:17 pm 
Site Admin

theonesun wrote:
Pasi, when you custom your campaign it shows the RP bonus that you can choose, i maxed the bar :); you receive the right amount RP(lets say(multiplied) X5) by capturing base or spotting anything, but when you calling through the radio some mortar or whatever it drains the same X5 points you earned :)
if you have 100 RP you can call the 1st strike, if you have lets say 500 RP it depletes all RP because it supouse to be X5 and the same thing with armory, when you have 40 RP you can buy that VEST but if you have 200 or less it will deplete all of it :)
is it supouse to be like this? i dont care much just wondering if it was planned :)

Haha certainly not, good find.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:40 am 

Quote:
That is considered a group. If there are multiple model entries with same requirements, then the shown model is randomized between those.

0.95 will allow defining several of these groups with some new stuff like rank ranges and equipment set and probability for a spawned soldier to be in a specific group, basically allowing us to have more low ranking soldiers than high, and have just a few very high ranking bots with better vests, rare weapons, valuables and unique appearance and character parameters.

So it's kind of like a class-system, but not quite? :?

Anyways; sounds exciting. The concept of "special" characters seems almost a bit contrary to what I understood to be the "theme" of RwR, but in a good way. I'm very much looking forward to see how that will work out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:04 am 
Site Admin

Lusketrollet wrote:
Quote:
That is considered a group. If there are multiple model entries with same requirements, then the shown model is randomized between those.

0.95 will allow defining several of these groups with some new stuff like rank ranges and equipment set and probability for a spawned soldier to be in a specific group, basically allowing us to have more low ranking soldiers than high, and have just a few very high ranking bots with better vests, rare weapons, valuables and unique appearance and character parameters.

So it's kind of like a class-system, but not quite? :?

Anyways; sounds exciting. The concept of "special" characters seems almost a bit contrary to what I understood to be the "theme" of RwR, but in a good way. I'm very much looking forward to see how that will work out.

Sure, it can be considered as a class actually, but in the end it's just used to define spawning equipment & attributes & appearance for the bots. Vanilla will mostly use it to allocate valuable items/weapons and vests for the high ranking officers, making them stand out a bit, and yea, for rank/numbers control making it easier to form full squads when you don't have big squad capacity.

It might also fit at being able to create types of reinforcement calls with specific configuration of bots being spawned.

It's not completely out of question that players would be able to choose their group, but it doesn't seem vanilla would have use for it.

Also mods could perhaps use this system to create the illusion of allies by making them as groups inside a faction.