It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:35 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 44 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 137

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:57 pm 

Creating that metagame.xml file fixed the issue. Server seems stable, although I do have two error messages in the script window:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:02 pm 
Site Admin

{SAS}DocStone wrote:
Creating that metagame.xml file fixed the issue. Server seems stable, although I do have two error messages in the script window:

Yah, me too :) It shouldn't be anything too serious, the server Invasion just doesn't know how to save map completion status properly, but single player Invasion requires it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:04 pm 

pasik wrote:
{SAS}DocStone wrote:

Yah, me too :) It shouldn't be anything too serious, the server Invasion just doesn't know how to save map completion status properly, but single player Invasion requires it.

Excellent, in that case both servers are up and running with minimum fuss! Huzzah, thanks Pasik ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:13 pm 
Site Admin

I do have minor concern about the combination of persistent profiles and having some maps set up for 2 factions and some for 3 on Beerdrinkers -- I believe no one has ever tested what happens if you're e.g. a Brownie in map7, and you keep being that until the match ends, the map changes and the new map doesn't have 3 factions (or Browns).

Potentially we could be talking about server crashing at that point as the player profile tells he's a Brown but Brown resources have not been loaded, or, if lucky, the game checks the validity of the stored faction id and resorts to just re-balancing the situation.

It works in Invasion as everyone is tagged to be from faction 0, and greens have been set to be faction 0 at all times.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:19 pm 

Will try it and see :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:29 pm 

No crash :D

Went from Brown on map 8 straight the Grey on map 2. No issues, no problems, no errors :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

Awesome, thanks for testing it :)

Looks like Classic is missing a few weapon resources, namely SPAS-12 and QCW-05.

map_rotator_classic.php:
Code:
   <weapon file="ns2000.weapon">
      <!-- sounds so bad, make it less common -->
      <commonness value="0.0007" in_stock="1" />
   </weapon>

<weapon file="spas-12.weapon" /> 
   <weapon file="qcw-05.weapon" />

Also it's using the other vest, not the better one. Not sure if you'd want to add the better one instead:

Code:
  <carry_item file="oscar_statue.carry_item" />
  <!-- <carry_item file="vest1.carry_item" /> -->
  <carry_item file="vest2.carry_item" />

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

I made a simple KOTH mode test: http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/dev/koth.zip

Basically it's almost the same as Classic, but only has those two new maps in rotation, it has the defense_win_time set for them so that the match can actually end at some point, and it sends a few AI commander config commands to the server to make them attack more than in Classic.

It's possible to merge that with Classic if you want to have a server with both regular capture matches and KOTH matches, may need a tiny bit of tinkering.

Extending this with real faction specific KOTH timers should be pretty trivial in the script and make the script decide who wins, also using the script to announce status of situation in the match and so on, something that would be expected from a KOTH mode.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:37 pm 
Site Admin

A bug was found in 0.90 server where persistent profiles were cleared on map start, so effectively persistent profiles didn't really work unless you had a clever script running the show.

The issue is now fixed, so consider redownloading the binaries; the version number didn't change, was too lazy to change that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:21 am 

pasik wrote:
I made a simple KOTH mode test: http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/dev/koth.zip

Basically it's almost the same as Classic, but only has those two new maps in rotation, it has the defense_win_time set for them so that the match can actually end at some point, and it sends a few AI commander config commands to the server to make them attack more than in Classic.

It's possible to merge that with Classic if you want to have a server with both regular capture matches and KOTH matches, may need a tiny bit of tinkering.

Extending this with real faction specific KOTH timers should be pretty trivial in the script and make the script decide who wins, also using the script to announce status of situation in the match and so on, something that would be expected from a KOTH mode.

Any joy with this? I would try, but I have a habit of breaking stuff :D