It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:47 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 51 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 136

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:16 am 
Site Admin

UPDATE 0.89.1:
Link for the Windows build: http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles ... 0.89.1.zip
Link for the Linux build, with bundled dependencies: http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles ... 386.tar.gz

Scripts:
http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/modes.zip
http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles ... ttings.zip
It's in two zips so that after the first time you've downloaded and unzipped them both, and modified the settings to fit your server, you can just download modes.zip in the future to get the updates I'm adding in vanilla metagames.

Just run "php gamemode_classic.php" or "php gamemode_invasion.php" to activate the RWR server (which you already have launched) and to start the game mode.

See 0.87.1 post for the old scripts and some more random babbling about the new scripts.

Since 0.78.1:
Quote:
The way I'm currently doing it is using screen and having rwr_server running in one window and the script in another. Once you have them both running, and if you suspect nothing is happening, you can write "declare_winner 0" in rwr_server console, which will forcibly end the match, sending a report to the metagame, the script receiving it and responding with a few radio messages and countdown to change the map. If that's not happening, then something's wrong: check that the pipes get created, also rwr_server.log tells which pipes the server is using.

I'll try to come up with some stuff that should make it all a tad more convenient to work with, but at this point, it's all very experimental. Suggestions are welcome!

Template for location info: http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/geoinfo.xml
Template for custom metagame interface settings for Linux: http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/metagame.xml
Template for server console command aliases: http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/commands.xml

Change log for beta 0.89:
compatibility: beta 0.89

Don't forget to copy the media folder from the actual game RWR beta 0.89 to the server folder!

If you're just setting up your server, check out this guide about the available match and server settings gathered up by {SAS}DocStone!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:35 am 

New servers are up ;)

Sorry, Standard is up and running, Invasion has this error in the log:

Code:
08:33:43:                                         : init data set done
08:33:43:                                         : profiles at profiles/
08:33:43:                                         : save _default.save
08:33:43:                                         : new game created
08:33:43:                                         : scene loaded
08:33:43:                                         : settings loaded
08:33:43:                                         : r=30929
08:33:43:                                         : Server registration succeeded
08:33:43:                                         : game init done
08:33:43:                                         :   received: <command class='start_game'   vehicles='1'   max_soldiers='322'   player_ai_compensation='4'   xp_multiplier='0.19'   rp_multiplier='1'   base_capture_system='any'   friendly_fire='0'>
   <faction initial_over_capacity='20' initial_occupied_bases='1' ai_accuracy='0.945' />
   <faction initial_over_capacity='0' ai_accuracy='0.945' />
</command>

08:33:43:                                         : restarting server
08:33:43:                                         : game reset
08:33:43:                                         : ERROR, match settings faction count mismatch, 3 loaded in game, match has 2
08:33:43:                                         : execution halted

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:03 am 

OK, the new map is not included in the map_rotator_classic.php but when I add it in the scripts crash:

Spoiler:
Code:
   protected function get_map_name($index) {
      // TODO: query this directly from map_config.xml or objects.svg?
      if ($index == 0) {
         return "Stalemate";
      } else if ($index == 1) {
         return "Aeolian coast";
      } else if ($index == 2) {
         return "Vaaleakoski";
      } else if ($index == 3) {
         return "Frostbite";
      } else if ($index == 4) {
         return "Sainte-Anne";
      } else if ($index == 5) {
         return "Al-Tabul";
      return "undefined map index";

$command =
            "<command class='change_map'" .
            "   map='media/packages/vanilla/maps/map5' />";
         $command =
            "<command class='change_map'" .
            "   map='media/packages/vanilla/maps/map6' />";
      }
      return $command;

$start_game_command =
            "<command class='start_game'" .
            "   vehicles='1'" .
            "   max_soldiers='120'" .
            "   player_ai_compensation='" . $player_ai_compensation . "'" .
            "   xp_multiplier='" . $xp_multiplier . "'" .
            "   rp_multiplier='" . $rp_multiplier . "'" .
            "   base_capture_system='" . $base_capture_system . "'" .
            "   friendly_fire='" . $friendly_fire . "'>\n" .
            "   <faction initial_over_capacity='0' ai_accuracy='" . $ai_accuracy . "' />\n" .
            "   <faction initial_over_capacity='0' ai_accuracy='" . $ai_accuracy . "' />\n" .
            "</command>\n";

$start_game_command =
            "<command class='start_game'" .
            "   vehicles='1'" .
            "   max_soldiers='160'" .
            "   player_ai_compensation='" . $player_ai_compensation . "'" .
            "   xp_multiplier='" . $xp_multiplier . "'" .
            "   rp_multiplier='" . $rp_multiplier . "'" .
            "   base_capture_system='" . $base_capture_system . "'" .
            "   friendly_fire='" . $friendly_fire . "'>\n" .
            "</command>\n";

}

return $start_game_command;

// --------------------------------------------
        protected function get_map_count() {
                return 6;

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:23 am 

OK, fix for the Invasion crash, you left the brown faction in Map1's map_config.xml file.

Edit it to look like the following:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<map_config>
   <faction file="green.xml" />
   <faction file="grey.xml" />
   <weapon file="all_weapons.xml" />
   <projectile file="all_throwables.xml" />
   <call file="all_calls.xml" />
   <carry_item file="all_carry_items.xml" />
   <vehicle file="all_vehicles.xml" />
</map_config>

Invasion is now up and running, but my classic scripts keep crashing for some reason, I must be missing a map number change somewhere, will keep looking ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:21 am 

OK, got the new map running on the {SAS}Beerdrinkers server but no matter what I do I cannot get the scripts to run, and that is including a complete fresh install of the server and the scripts, they just flash up for a split second then crash.

On the plus side, the new map looks ace, will hopefully get a bit more time later to have a run about on it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

The Invasion script isn't up to date like mentioned in the post, e.g. the overlay mod used with Invasion is no longer needed, and actually it's no longer shipped with 0.89. I'm revamping the script a fair bit, should be out during today.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:29 pm 

That's the thing though Pasik, the Invasion script works fine, but the Classic just crashes, no matter what I do.

Gonna have a cup of coffee and try again to see what I am doing wrong, have you managed to get the classic map rotator working at your end?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:02 pm 

I give in, lol. Backed up my (non-working) modified scripts, and put in fresh ones from the links above. Game ran fine, but no modified commands and no map 6 in rotation.

Copied and pasted my modifications from my (non_working) map_rotator_classic.php into the working vanilla one. No changes, no edits, a straight copy/paste. Game ran fine, map 6 in rotation but no modified commands.

Copied and pasted my modifications from my (non-working) basic_command_handler.php into the working vanilla one. No changes, no edits, again a straight copy/paste. Game runs fine, map 6 in rotation and modified commands working.

I changed fecking nothing, lol, absolutely nothing, from the non-working scripts to the working ones, but it now works. Maybe I had a extra space or line break in there somewhere and the copy/paste rectified it, maybe I needed more coffee, or it's just down to the fact that computers are bastards and hate me :D

Anyways, both servers are now running fine, I have had my coffee and it's nearly finish time :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:23 pm 

I am a moron, but I have figured out why I am a moron and rectified it. :(

I have a copy of the modes scripts and folder on my local PC, which are untouched and I use them as a base for any modifications. I have a separate copy for each server, so one with Invasion settings, and one with Classic settings. Whenever I try a modification and it goes wrong I use this to start from fresh and everything is fine.

Except for the fact I seem to have modified both comms_settings.php files to run as server 2 instead of leaving the Classic comms_settings.php as it was. That is why the Classic server scripts have been crashing on the clan box, that is why I couldn't find any fecking problems with the modifications I made to the scripts and that is why I am a fecking moron :D

"How happy is the moron,
he doesn't give a damn.
I wish I was a moron,
my God, perhaps I am!"

:D :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

:D Amm yea, actually, Classic is of course not that compatible with everything as, like you mentioned, map1 has a default map_config.xml with all three factions included and Classic 0.88 script assumes all maps are 2-faction battles.

Anyway, in 0.89 in the actual game build, map_config.xml has minimal meaning on topic of factions, as the player uses the menu to create a new custom map config in the end. On servers, there's of course no such UI to create the config, so the two options are to create a map config on fly to be given to the server at change_map -command in the script or use the default map_config.xml like previously and adjust start_game commands in the script to reflect that (the reason you had crashes with map1 in Classic was that start_game only declared initial settings for 2 factions, while map_config.xml was set up for 3, I'd guess).

So, what does this actually mean? :lol: Well, I've now set up Invasion script so that it uses custom map configs for each map, created in the script. Mostly it just makes map1 and map5 played in 3-faction mode, but later certain maps will be played between Green and Grey, Green and Brown, Green and Blue and Black, and so on, so there's a linear way how it's going to be based on the stage the invasion is in. This mostly doesn't concern server admins much, as they most likely want to run Invasion the vanilla way, if the want to run Invasion in the first place.

Classic however has much more variety in how it should/could be set up thanks to the custom map config, and frankly, I don't even know what to do with all this. The thing is, do you want to set up all maps for 3 factions or 2 factions, and if 3, do you then leave Al-Tabul out of the rotation as it has been designed for 2 factions only?

Also, if you enable persistent profiles for Classic, and sometimes don't include all factions in the maps and sometimes do, then the players who exit a map being Brown, might have a problem entering a map which doesn't have Browns. I at least know I didn't try what happens in such a case. :)

Bah, I guess I'm setting Classic for 2 factions only, it should be easy to hack it into other solutions.