It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:43 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 79

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:43 am 
Site Admin

Link for the Windows build: http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles ... r_0.90.zip
Link for the Linux build, with bundled dependencies: http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles ... 386.tar.gz

The mode scripts below have been updated for 0.90, but actually they are also shipped in the game media files now too, under media/packages/vanilla/scripts. Feel free to use the zips below or use the game build scripts directly. Note that game build also has the settings php files, so if you use them and change them to fit your server, you will risk getting them overwritten / deleted the next time you're updating the media files.

Also, game build now ships with PHP interpreter under tools/php, feel free to use that or the PHP you have in your system. This means that it would be now possible to start a server script by commanding e.g. tools/php/php.exe media/packages/vanilla/scripts/gamemode_invasion.php debug_output. Yes, debug_output will be needed now to make the script print stuff in console.

Scripts, updated for 0.90:
http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/modes.zip
http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles ... ttings.zip
It's in two zips so that after the first time you've downloaded and unzipped them both, and modified the settings to fit your server, you can just download modes.zip in the future to get the updates I'm adding in vanilla metagames.

Just run "php gamemode_classic.php debug_output" or "php gamemode_invasion.php debug_output" to activate the RWR server (which you already have launched) and to start the game mode.

See 0.87.1 post for the old scripts and some more random babbling about the new scripts.

Since 0.78.1:
Quote:
The way I'm currently doing it is using screen and having rwr_server running in one window and the script in another. Once you have them both running, and if you suspect nothing is happening, you can write "declare_winner 0" in rwr_server console, which will forcibly end the match, sending a report to the metagame, the script receiving it and responding with a few radio messages and countdown to change the map. If that's not happening, then something's wrong: check that the pipes get created, also rwr_server.log tells which pipes the server is using.

I'll try to come up with some stuff that should make it all a tad more convenient to work with, but at this point, it's all very experimental. Suggestions are welcome!

Template for location info: http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/geoinfo.xml
Template for custom metagame interface settings for Linux: http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/metagame.xml
Template for server console command aliases: http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/commands.xml

Change log for beta 0.90:
compatibility: beta 0.90

Don't forget to copy the media folder from the actual game RWR beta 0.90 to the server folder!

If you're just setting up your server, check out this guide about the available match and server settings gathered up by {SAS}DocStone!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:28 am 

Here we go, let's break stuff! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:44 am 

Pasik, I noticed the new maps are not in the map_rotator_classic.php file, will this cause problems?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:57 am 
Site Admin

{SAS}DocStone wrote:
Pasik, I noticed the new maps are not in the map_rotator_classic.php file, will this cause problems?

I suppose they would be best left for a game mode that specializes in rotating KOTH maps only. Having said that, it is possible to add them in say Classic.

The KOTH mode maps work something like a KOTH because of these are set when playing in single player, this is from map7/init_match.xml:
Code:
<commands>
  <!-- start_game command: new game menu picks up defaults from here and allows user to override certain settings -->
  <command
     class="start_game"
     vehicles="1"
     max_soldiers="50"
     player_bot_compensation="4"
     xp_multiplier="1.0"
     rp_multiplier="1.0"
     friendly_fire="0"
     defense_win_time="300"
     base_capture_system="any">

<faction initial_over_capacity="0" ai_accuracy="0.94" />
    <faction initial_over_capacity="0" ai_accuracy="0.94" />
    <faction initial_over_capacity="30" ai_accuracy="0.94" />
  </command>
  <command
     class="commander_ai"
     faction="0"
     base_defense="0.1"
     border_defense="0.1">
  </command>
  <command
     class="commander_ai"
     faction="1"
     base_defense="0.1"
     border_defense="0.1">
  </command>
  <command
     class="commander_ai"
     faction="1"
     base_defense="0.64"
     border_defense="0.24">
  </command>
</commands>

Something along the lines of those should be used if map7 and map8 was to be hosted on dedicated server, added somewhere in map_rotator_classic.php. Also, the three factions should be enabled for these maps, I think Classic script has used two factions for all maps so far.

When I get my head straight again from all the release juggling, I'll probably set up a KOTH server on the NY server.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:01 pm 

OK, server is up and running fine in classic mode, new maps load in fine in the console, no issues with the server.

However, if I try to join map7 or map8 I get the following game crash:

I can play the other maps fine.

Clean server install, copied over the new modes.zip and copied all files except basic_command_handler.php (I use my custom one to change maps/factions) and comms_settings.php.

EDIT - just seen your post - I take it maps 7 & 8 are not for multiplayer?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:07 pm 
Site Admin

Hmm can you play Insular Complex or Wake Island in single player?

They are especially meant for multiplayer, but sounds like something is making it load the wrong terrain.cfg. It works fine here in single player at least, and can't right now think why it would be different for multiplayer.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:09 pm 

Ah, nope, same error message.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:19 pm 

An uninstall and reinstall of the 0.90 games file fixed the issue. Weird. Can't have an update without something strange happening though, hehe!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:41 pm 

Here we go again - Invasion server is running, but the scripts crash immediately. Getting this from the metagame.log:

Code:
opening out fifo \\BDS001\pipe\rwr_server2_in
PHP ERROR 2: fopen(\\BDS001\pipe\rwr_server2_in): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
file E:\RWR2\modes\internal\comms.php, line 60
failed to open \\BDS001\pipe\rwr_server2_in -- start rwr server first?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

Does E:\RWR2\ have metagame.xml with:
Code:
<metagame>
  <interface in="\\.\pipe\rwr_server2_in" out="\\.\pipe\rwr_server2_out"/>
</metagame>

Also I've noticed some problems with launch the server + launch the script + stop the script + launch the script again, that it doesn't reconnect properly unless you stop the server as well. Try stopping both the server and script, if you didn't already?

Also launch the script with debug_output parameter, it'll make it fill the console with text :)