It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:06 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 37 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 43

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:54 am 
Site Admin

0.88.1 had a bunch of issues, so we're now in 0.88.2. Remember to update the media from 0.88.2 game build too. May 0.89 go more fluently again.

Link for the Windows build: http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles ... 0.88.2.zip
Link for the Linux build, with bundled dependencies: http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles ... 386.tar.gz

Scripts: (updated)
http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/modes.zip
http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles ... ttings.zip
It's in two zips so that after the first time you've downloaded and unzipped them both, and modified the settings to fit your server, you can just download modes.zip in the future to get the updates I'm adding in vanilla metagames.

Just run "php gamemode_classic.php" or "php gamemode_invasion.php" to activate the RWR server (which you already have launched) and to start the game mode.

See 0.87.1 post for the old scripts and some more random babbling about the new scripts.

Since 0.78.1:
Quote:
The way I'm currently doing it is using screen and having rwr_server running in one window and the script in another. Once you have them both running, and if you suspect nothing is happening, you can write "declare_winner 0" in rwr_server console, which will forcibly end the match, sending a report to the metagame, the script receiving it and responding with a few radio messages and countdown to change the map. If that's not happening, then something's wrong: check that the pipes get created, also rwr_server.log tells which pipes the server is using.

I'll try to come up with some stuff that should make it all a tad more convenient to work with, but at this point, it's all very experimental. Suggestions are welcome!

Template for location info: http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/geoinfo.xml
Template for custom metagame interface settings for Linux: http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/metagame.xml
Template for server console command aliases: http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/commands.xml

Change log for beta 0.88.2:
compatibility: beta 0.88.2

Change log for beta 0.88.1:
compatibility: beta 0.88

Don't forget to copy the media folder from the actual game RWR beta 0.88.2 to the server folder!

If you're just setting up your server, check out this guide about the available match and server settings gathered up by {SAS}DocStone!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:25 am 

{SAS} Servers updated, I just kept the old scripts, and I will get round to updating the server setup tutorial in a wee while ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:14 pm 

Tutorial is now up to date!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:56 pm 
Site Admin

Updated the script packages.

Unless you took the in-dev scripts last time, the settings zip has a file you'll want to add, namely admin_settings.php.

I mostly didn't touch classic mode scripts, but Invasion got a few new things now.

Last Green base is supposed to stay in safety now so that Greys won't come and crush too harshly so you'll have some more time to do things and hopefully you can join the server with a spawn point with a bigger chance now :) Greys will fight offensively once Greens have captured the second base.

Also, cargo truck objective got a few changes, now on success the truck will be set into lock mode pushing the guys in the vehicle out, and shortly become destroyed. Supposedly, the camonets and hangars are accepted as delivery targets as well where armory is positioned on a roof or otherwise difficult place, but at the moment there's an issue in map1 with that, which I'll handle next.

Map4 is also borked completely in the actual game release because of some filename changes and suck-ass poor testing on my behalf, so I'll be making new release shortly, unfortunately. The change should only affect map1 and vanilla.winter resources, but more on that later. In the meantime, stay away from map4.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:17 pm 

pasik wrote:
Updated the script packages.

Unless you took the in-dev scripts last time, the settings zip has a file you'll want to add, namely admin_settings.php.

I mostly didn't touch classic mode scripts, but Invasion got a few new things now.

Last Green base is supposed to stay in safety now so that Greys won't come and crush too harshly so you'll have some more time to do things and hopefully you can join the server with a spawn point with a bigger chance now :) Greys will fight offensively once Greens have captured the second base.

Also, cargo truck objective got a few changes, now on success the truck will be set into lock mode pushing the guys in the vehicle out, and shortly become destroyed. Supposedly, the camonets and hangars are accepted as delivery targets as well where armory is positioned on a roof or otherwise difficult place, but at the moment there's an issue in map1 with that, which I'll handle next.

Map4 is also borked completely in the actual game release because of some filename changes and suck-ass poor testing on my behalf, so I'll be making new release shortly, unfortunately. The change should only affect map1 and vanilla.winter resources, but more on that later. In the meantime, stay away from map4.

First part, excellent, second part, lol!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:32 pm 

OK, something is broken in the classic script - I can launch Invasion no problem, but when I launch the classic server the PHP script window closes immediately.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:42 pm 

Confirmed - old scripts begins the game no issues, new scripts crash as soon as they are launched and server just sits waiting for a start command.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:43 pm 

pasik wrote:
In the meantime, stay away from map4.

Does this affect regular SP gameplay too or just when running a server?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

It depends. the old firstnames and lastnames files probably get left over in the installation folder if you're using the standalone installer so there it can work, but I think the Desura branch version cleans up its location.

Installing RWR from standalone the first time, or first uninstalling the old one, probably will make map4 crash.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

{SAS}DocStone wrote:
Confirmed - old scripts begins the game no issues, new scripts crash as soon as they are launched and server just sits waiting for a start command.

Hmm thanks, must've made a mistake juggling with the files then, gonna look into it.