It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:50 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 58 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 189

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:17 pm 
Site Admin

Heads up for 0.86 coming out soon, now waiting for Desura seal of approval.

Change log for beta 0.86:
gameplay: RP (resource/relation point) added
gameplay: mortar strikes are no longer earned automatically with every 500 XP increase, instead RP is granted on a regular basis after rank 2
gameplay: armory added - RP can be used to trade items in the armory with the inventory UI, calls like mortar strikes are purchasable
gameplay: old weapon racks are now stashes: they are initially empty, they are personal, they can contain items, and the contents follow your profile through map changes if persistent profiles is enabled; all stashes in a map are linked
gameplay: PvP and single base capture rule system disconnected; any combination now possible with 1) PvP with no bots or with bots 2) any amount AI compensation 3) single, any or no base capture logic, in start_game XML command
gameplay: friendly fire setting added in start_game XML command
items: items are conceptually divided as stock items and rare items; stock items can be found in armories and crates, rare items can be found in crates and from enemies randomly
items: rare weapons don't duplicate like stock weapons do: if you die, you lose your rare weapon and spawn with random stock weapon
items: item properties now include encumbrance and price value
items: stock weapon encumbrance value is high -- you can no longer carry multiple stock weapons in your default backpack
items: stock grenade encumbrance is medium -- you can carry a few extra grenades in your backpack
items: rare weapon encumbrance is low -- you can carry multiple rare weapons with you, even if your rank might not allow using them
items: a few rare weapons added, only enabled in Invasion mode by default
items: running without rifles i.e. possibility to drop equipped weapons and grenades for consistent inventory behavior
items: support for non-equipable carriable items, several added; take them to armory for a reward
inventory: the UI is now usable with pickup-key assigned to a mouse button
inventory: UI re-layouted, placeholders for potential future radio and backpack items
inventory: single item drag & drop possible with ctrl-key hold
inventory: world/stash/armory area tap works as add-to-backpack shortcut
weapons: bullet trail crash fixed
weapons: bullet time to live setting fixed
mapview: fixed a crash with vehicle marker off the map
vehicles: vehicles now collide with map boundaries
map4: minor appearance changes

ADD:
0.861:
items: 1 missing mesh added
other: load-time checks for meshes and textures added

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:37 am 

nice!! now we just gotta wait for everyone to update their servers. 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:43 am 

Also, just an FYI, IT HAS BEEN RELEASED!

ComJak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:40 am 

A couple of bugs in here:

Me and at least two others have been getting crashes and it turns out it's missing a model: "oscar_statue.mesh".
A quick workaround for now is simply replacing it with some other file so it doesn't throw an exception. Just copy some other .mesh file (in Running With Rifles/media/packages/vanilla/models) and changing the name to "oscar_statue.mesh".

The "no AI" doesn't work, neither when starting a new game as usual, nor when running with the no_ai parameter.

Also you can't shoot with the M240 while carrying another gun in your backpack due to not being able to go prone. I dunno if this is intentional or not but it's a bit weird not being able to go prone due to weight load.

I like the new inventory UI though. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:12 am 

quick_hotfix for the oscare_statue.mesh error (sorry about that :( ):

download this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/791 ... tatue.mesh
and put it in \media\packages\vanilla\models

Quote:
Also you can't shoot with the M240 while carrying another gun in your backpack due to not being able to go prone. I dunno if this is intentional or not but it's a bit weird not being able to go prone due to weight load.

This is intentional and logical, if you can barely walk because of overweight you shouldn't be able to go prone ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:55 am 
Site Admin

DoomMetal wrote:
The "no AI" doesn't work, neither when starting a new game as usual, nor when running with the no_ai parameter.

Hmm, only reason I'd think for this is that the default AI compensation now kicks in even if you have 0 soldier count (from no_ai). You probably don't see as many AI as usual, just about 6 enemies?

I'll make it 0 for single player games for 0.861.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:37 am 

Cool, nice to see it's "about to be released" and then to read "it's released."
Look forward to trying it out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:51 am 

pasik wrote:
You probably don't see as many AI as usual, just about 6 enemies?

Yea, not very many of them. I was just very surprised the first time I encountered them (before I slaughtered them all :twisted: )
It seemed to work with my mostly blank testing map though, but that has only 3 bases and very few spawnpoints so that might perhaps affect it.

JackMayol wrote:
This is intentional and logical, if you can barely walk because of overweight you shouldn't be able to go prone

I would rather think that you would have more trouble standing up again than lying down. :lol:
It's no biggie though. It's not like I usually run around with guns in my backpack when playing regularly. But first I gotta explore and test stuff, hehe. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

0.861 available now.