Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 130

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:35 pm 

Can't. My computer broke. :(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:20 pm 

pasik wrote:
{SAS}DocStone wrote:
Quote:
metagame: metagame interface with named pipes now usable on Windows too, basically allows inputting commands into and receiving status reports from the game externally, single player as well

This has my interests :D Any more info on this?

I'll get back to you on this soon. I hacked some new scripts yesterday for an example of a vehicle theft objective, from what I saw in the server console and the script output, it seemed to work (would've been fun to know how it actually appeared in the game :P). I'll clean it up and publish them soon, should be pretty easy to get some chat message server command relaying going on.

Ooooh, nice :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:25 pm 
Site Admin

ZnasVecKo wrote:
Can't. My computer broke. :(

Oh snap. Hope RWR didn't break it :P The impact trigger with throwable projectiles seems to work fine here at least - I actually tried it with both stun and hand grenades - despite the correction missing the change log.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:44 pm 

Nope, the GPU broke. Glad to know that it was still implemented. Also, is asking, begging and then demanding that you be given a copy of the game (ilegaly) a good enough ban reason?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:13 pm 

ZnasVecKo wrote:
Nope, the GPU broke. Glad to know that it was still implemented. Also, is asking, begging and then demanding that you be given a copy of the game (ilegaly) a good enough ban reason?

eh...dafuq??

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:32 pm 

"Losing all items in the backpack when getting killed is as intended. We're actually considering making players lose the primary weapon too, at least in Invasion mode,"

Please not the primary. Anything but the primary. With the somewhat frequent deaths its nice to re-spwan and go right back to it, with out having to look for the one gun you use often. In fact I am able to function pretty well right out of the gate by just using my primary (generally the m16 when obtainable) and casually picking stuff up as I battle.
It's just a nice little feature to have that one weapon persist, even after logging out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:32 pm 
Site Admin

Opt_0 wrote:
"Losing all items in the backpack when getting killed is as intended. We're actually considering making players lose the primary weapon too, at least in Invasion mode,"

Please not the primary. Anything but the primary. With the somewhat frequent deaths its nice to re-spwan and go right back to it, with out having to look for the one gun you use often. In fact I am able to function pretty well right out of the gate by just using my primary (generally the m16 when obtainable) and casually picking stuff up as I battle.
It's just a nice little feature to have that one weapon persist, even after logging out.

You skipped the important part:

Quote:
especially once there are rare and stock weapons separately. There will be another mechanic that can make you survive getting killed to not lose the items you've worked so hard to get.

Even if you'd lose your primary weapon when getting killed in the new system, you'd have a way to counter it by not getting killed as easily as you would've currently. I didn't express myself clearly on how that actually works as it hasn't been implemented yet, but what I'm referring to with it is the vests/being wounded/medikits/reviving -mechanic discussed somewhere earlier.

Also, not respawning with your last weapon may only end up affecting rare weapons but not stock weapons. Respawning with a rare weapon in the first place would make you able to duplicate rare weapons (dropping the weapon when dying + getting new one when spawning) which isn't cool.

But, it is actually possible it'll affect stock weapons too. You will have stash where you might have stashed several of primary weapons you may want to spawn with as a reserve in the future, or you can visit the armory to spend some currency to obtain the items you will need, and perhaps take them to your stash.

Most of the design still lives and changes every day, but roughly the outline is something like that. Now keep in mind this is mostly meant to affect the campaign sort of game modes like Invasion where it indeed makes sense to invest on things and prepare playing the campaign for several hours, as opposed to single match -type game modes like the current single player and most of online servers have. On the single match -type modes, inventory should be largely useless unless objectives incorporate usage of items somehow. Rare weapons, vests, being wounded, medikits, reviving nor stash don't exist in those modes by default, for instance.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:48 pm 

joneau wrote:
ZnasVecKo wrote:

eh...dafuq??

Some guy on the irc demanded i give him 0.85.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:40 pm 

OK, map rotation script is broken - Beerdrinkers will not show up on the server list when it is run, and we are getting unhandled message events on the Invasion server.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:46 pm 
Site Admin

{SAS}DocStone wrote:
OK, map rotation script is broken - Beerdrinkers will not show up on the server list when it is run, and we are getting unhandled message events on the Invasion server.

Unhandled messages are ok, it's just information, not an error.

On Linux side the maprotator is still compatible. Is the server starting on Beerdrinkers even if it's not showing up in the serverlist? You can see if the server is active by calling "status" in the console, there's a line like "network: active" or similar.