test

Game servers 50 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 85

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

Here comes the change log for beta version 0.85:

gameplay: support for multiple grenade types added
gameplay: blasts support character death and stun modes
gameplay: inventory system revamped with backpack (extra carry slots) and stash (persistent item storage); access it by holding down pickup key, tapping pickup key still functions same as ever
gameplay: weapon racks are now interacted through inventory system
characters: stunned state added
grenades: stun grenades added
support-items: riot shield added
weapons: bug in handling rotation while setting the weapon direction fixed
online: hosting online game over the battle ending and restart should no longer reset host player name to empty
metagame: metagame interface with named pipes now usable on Windows too, basically allows inputting commands into and receiving status reports from the game externally, single player as well
metagame: status query command added, can be used to retrieve status info about factions, bases, characters, vehicles, player
metagame: new status report events about vehicle destroy / theft, base capture, comms state change, chat message
modding: most of grenade throw parameters exposed
modding: weapon shield attachment support added
modding: weapons can control whether they allow prone or not
modding: weapons can now more thoroughly define the character animation for walking, crouching, running

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:32 pm 

Nice, downloading and will give feedback soon.

EDIT: Ok, the inventory system felt clunky at first, but I got used to it in a short time. Everything else works as well. Can I suggest using double click to use weapons and grenades in the inventory? dragging everything feels slow, and is the only aspect I didn't like.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:50 am 
Site Admin

firearrows wrote:
Nice, downloading and will give feedback soon.

EDIT: Ok, the inventory system felt clunky at first, but I got used to it in a short time. Everything else works as well. Can I suggest using double click to use weapons and grenades in the inventory? dragging everything feels slow, and is the only aspect I didn't like.

The UI work is still largely unfinished, and keyboard/mouse shortcuts will likely appear too. While the shortcuts can be used to input the actions to be taken quickly, the actions themselves may need to be slowed down to discourage using the backpack as weapon arsenal.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:30 am 

Yeah, so far, it just seems that the obvious would be a quick click for equiping new grenade type. And quicker response from the drag and drop. Feels a bit slugish at current speed. But it has only been 0.85 for a few hours.
It says that the new inventory is "persistent", can you elaborate a bit? Is it related to rank? I could see that. I was able to load up a few things (on that server rank 2), but after death my gear appeared to be gone tonight, basically I just lost extra guns. I can understand not having it once you disconnect, but having the extra gear remain per-round would be nice if that what's intended. Then new map and having to re-load your gear would make sense.

Also, is there enough clearance over someone with a shield to stand and fire? Without shooting them in the head? So much subtle detail in this game, I just assumed you guys plan for that.

But the whole thing is really nice. Now you can have your load outs for sneaking, sniping, support and all the rest. Thanks.

PS: Any chance of making the player colors persist from map to map? (Resetting after logging out) The swtich does help to kind of get people to mingle. But it would be nice to just be able to be familiar with someone's color after playing many rounds with them in a single session. Instead of having to check the list and re-remember each time. Of course now that I read it, I assume it is meant to get the team to mingle a little more than other games?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:55 am 

Quote:
metagame: metagame interface with named pipes now usable on Windows too, basically allows inputting commands into and receiving status reports from the game externally, single player as well

This has my interests :D Any more info on this?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:59 pm 
Site Admin

Opt_0 wrote:
It says that the new inventory is "persistent", can you elaborate a bit? Is it related to rank? I could see that. I was able to load up a few things (on that server rank 2), but after death my gear appeared to be gone tonight, basically I just lost extra guns. I can understand not having it once you disconnect, but having the extra gear remain per-round would be nice if that what's intended. Then new map and having to re-load your gear would make sense.

The game supports an item interaction point called personal stash, but none of the vanilla maps feature those yet. At the stash, you'd be able to unload stuff from your backpack into the stash to make it available you at any other stash in that map and next maps, on servers that have persistent profiles activated (and single player eventually). The reason there are no stashes yet is that their function is at this point fairly minimal as there are no rare weapons to find that you might want to store for a later time.

Losing all items in the backpack when getting killed is as intended. We're actually considering making players lose the primary weapon too, at least in Invasion mode, especially once there are rare and stock weapons separately. There will be another mechanic that can make you survive getting killed to not lose the items you've worked so hard to get.

Opt_0 wrote:
Also, is there enough clearance over someone with a shield to stand and fire? Without shooting them in the head? So much subtle detail in this game, I just assumed you guys plan for that.

Honestly, not sure if there is yet but that's the idea. We've considered making the shield appear as any other cover for the characters so that you and the bots could use the automatic stand-to-shoot-over mechanic with it, but right now it's not there yet.

Opt_0 wrote:
But the whole thing is really nice. Now you can have your load outs for sneaking, sniping, support and all the rest. Thanks.

Thanks, surely there's lot to be done, and what's in 0.85 is mostly enabling functionality for the actual stuff that will be done in the upcoming versions. It'll all take several rounds of experimentation to get the right things out of it without making some things overly powerful, and get the usability maximized.

Opt_0 wrote:
PS: Any chance of making the player colors persist from map to map? (Resetting after logging out) The swtich does help to kind of get people to mingle. But it would be nice to just be able to be familiar with someone's color after playing many rounds with them in a single session. Instead of having to check the list and re-remember each time. Of course now that I read it, I assume it is meant to get the team to mingle a little more than other games?

I think there will be some sort of a color dialer in the post 0.9 versions.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

{SAS}DocStone wrote:
Quote:

This has my interests :D Any more info on this?

I'll get back to you on this soon. I hacked some new scripts yesterday for an example of a vehicle theft objective, from what I saw in the server console and the script output, it seemed to work (would've been fun to know how it actually appeared in the game :P). I'll clean it up and publish them soon, should be pretty easy to get some chat message server command relaying going on.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:45 pm 

Hi guys!
I can't find link for 0.85 version((
Who can give it me?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:46 pm 

Where's my damn 'impact' class bugfix!?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:54 pm 
Site Admin

ZnasVecKo wrote:
Where's my damn 'impact' class bugfix!?

Did you actually try it? :)