It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:54 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 83

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:37 pm 

i aint a developer or anything like that but im asking around some suggestions and choices about how running with rifles should be advertised for more community etc.

if you have something in mind how to do advertise rwr, write to here then if it makes sense

(not that kind of where money is needed)

and NO this doesnt have nothing to do with devs, its like community question or what it is,i dont actually know

(for devs: these are just suggestions, you dont need to do any of suggested, me and others aint forcing to that, but you are free to use suggested ways if you want to)

EDIT:ill be editing under this everything what is suggested(i have some also but ill save it for others)
youtube is suggested (i have sent a suggestion to machinima)
rockpapershotgun suggested (already reviewed)
posting at other pages

Last edited by joneau on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:43 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:57 pm 

They just need to make the game more interesting somehow and the word will spread by itself across forums and youtube.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:00 pm 

anetherus wrote:
They just need to make the game more interesting somehow and the word will spread by itself across forums and youtube.

yes youtube is probably the best way to advertise this game. maybe a few famous game reviewers from youtube. and the game is interesting already

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:25 pm 

If you're a member of a gaming community of some sort you could tell people about it there.

JefMajor once made a youtube video on the game and it had a spike in popularity, but we often start to lose interest because of the general lack of people playing. If there were more people consistently playing then people would probably be more willing to check it out... but for people to be playing there needs to be more people checking it out.

I believe it was planned for TotalBiscuit to cover the game as well, but it's been put off (multiple times I assume) because sure, showing the game now would be good, but showing the game when it has more features will be even better, and if having a better video that attracts more attention means waiting a bit longer then I think that's a fair price to pay.

But if you're talking about somebody who is not internet famous trying to get people the play the game...
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

EDIT: Sites like Rock Paper Shotgun help, too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:25 am 

OzyThesage wrote:
If you're a member of a gaming community of some sort you could tell people about it there.

JefMajor once made a youtube video on the game and it had a spike in popularity, but we often start to lose interest because of the general lack of people playing. If there were more people consistently playing then people would probably be more willing to check it out... but for people to be playing there needs to be more people checking it out.

I believe it was planned for TotalBiscuit to cover the game as well, but it's been put off (multiple times I assume) because sure, showing the game now would be good, but showing the game when it has more features will be even better, and if having a better video that attracts more attention means waiting a bit longer then I think that's a fair price to pay.

But if you're talking about somebody who is not internet famous trying to get people the play the game...
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

EDIT: Sites like Rock Paper Shotgun help, too.

so you think rock paper shotgun should do a review from this game right?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:50 am 

They already did a while back.

ComJak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:02 am 

RPS periodically posts about the game. In fact, it's primarily how I discovered it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:07 am 

OzyThesage wrote:
RPS periodically posts about the game. In fact, it's primarily how I discovered it.

hmm. do you any good forums or community where to post about this game?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:18 am 

i think i heard a thing about TB (TotalBiscuit) reviewing this on a different thread but i think they said it would when it was in a more mature shape which this was posted a bit ago

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:40 am 

conconjawa wrote:
i think i heard a thing about TB (TotalBiscuit) reviewing this on a different thread but i think they said it would when it was in a more mature shape which this was posted a bit ago

we are ready to contact him now, and we did but unfortunately he didn't answer yet and it has been 2-3 weeks ago.